IT Data Architect: Azure
Posted on Apr 9, 2022 by Resource Solutions - AXA
IT Data Architect: Azure
Must be based in Ireland
Job Purpose: Owns, drives and effectively communicates Ireland's target data architecture across ingestion, storage, operational consumption, data warehousing and BI/analytics, and it's migration to Azure. Collaborates effectively with key stakeholders to ensure alignment with strategy, and engages effectively to ensure data and solutions are understood at business and technical levels.
- Design of reliable, resilient scalable, performant, secure production data architectures
- Traditional principles of Data engineering, operational data storage, data warehousing design, BI and analytics, with appropriate supporting architectures
- Modern approaches encompassing Big Data, modern analytical methods, machine learning, Data Science
- Migrating on-premise data architectures to AzurePaaS data services:
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure ML and Cognitive Services
- Azure Data Warehouse/Synapse
- Security concepts (encryption, authentication, privacy-by-design), and mitigation of security threats (sensitive data controls, data leakage, GDPR compliance)
- Networking, gateway & security infrastructure for on-premise integration and hybrid cloud
- Microsoft product stack (.NET, associated languages and frameworks, VSTS, ) including Common persistence frameworks for .NET (Entity Framework) would be a distinct advantage
- Logical Datamodelling experience & engagement/negotiation skills would be a distinct advantage.
Key general accountabilities for this role:
- Communication of the target architecture & validation with key stakeholders using architecture templates and frameworks
- Ensures compliance of solution architectural designs with the AXA target architecture and relevant AXA policies, such as security or change management
- Closely works with all areas of IT (applications, DevOps, I&O, security etc.) and the IT project teams to serve as the central point of communication for all decisions/questions around the architecture of the digital systems.
- Liaises with business representatives to understand and support both the business strategy and the short term needs of business
- Supports and enforces the AXA Architecture governance process and is responsible for the production and quality of the key artefacts.
- Supports the implementation of the AXA-Ireland Cloud strategy and the compliance with Group binding principles.
- Supports the transition of AXA IT to Agile methodologies.
- Assesses new technologies or alternate options by conducting proof of concept style investigations
- Conducts reviews of existing solutions and identifies risks and potential improvements (eg cost, efficiency or simplification)
- Engages with third parties where required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to describe solutions both on a technical and business level are critical to this role.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation; self-motivated
- Excellent analytical skills
- The ability to translate business needs into IT Architecture requirements
- Experience architecting in a regulated, financial services environment