Posted on Apr 8, 2022 by Blueprint Recruitment Services Ltd
A leading player in the energy and utilities space are looking for a senior .NET developer with management experience to join their engineering team in the role of Lead Developer. The role will be divided between the personal development and management of developers within the team and hands-on development of the core products.
Ideally, you will have been a development lead or development manager in a previous role(s), with responsibility for personal development of line reports and will have assisted with direction setting relating to development activities.
You will be passionate about technologies and frameworks, utilising and advocating best practices.
You will use software engineering principles like OO, SOLID and TDD.
Ideally, you will also have experience of the Microsoft Azure platform, through development of enterprise scale solutions and familiarity with concepts and patterns allowing scalability, performance, and security.
Working closely with the Engineering Director, Service Delivery Manager, stakeholders and team members, the role involves:
- Leading and collaborating on new development, including evolution of existing products and always considering scalability, security, and performance of the platform
- Participating in all aspects of the software development life cycle from defining requirements to devising solutions, writing high-quality code, testing, documentation, deployment, and maintenance
- Involved in the creation of interactive prototypes to assess new features and products (both internally and externally with customers)
- Demonstrating products and prototypes to a range of stakeholders
- Supporting our sales team in delivering to new and existing customers
- Leading the evolution of our architecture; suggesting new and brave ideas, technologies, and ways of working
- Contributing to decisions on reusable component libraries and styling solutions
- Proactively keeping up to date with and/or evaluating new technologies
- Involvement in the implementation and deployment of products through use of the Azure DevOps platform
- C# ASP.NET/.Net Core
- CSS, HTML
- Experience of Azure platform
Nice to Have
- Exposure to authentication patterns
- Integration with REST APIs
- Mobile app development (Ionic)
- UI/UX prototyping
- Writing unit and integration tests