Senior Linux System Engineer
Posted on Apr 8, 2022 by SKILLFINDER INTERNATIONAL
Senior Linux System Engineer | Leading Supply Chain Finance Program Provider Based in Zug City Centre, Switzerland (3 days in office) | 120,000 CHF - 140,000 CHF (circa 20% tax)
German and English speaking required
We are looking for a Senior Linux System Engineer for a small infrastructure team, responsible for 80% system engineering and 20% network engineering.
Day to day duties include:
- Administration and development of Linux environments
- Engineering and operation of the virtualization environment (VMWare)
- Network engineering and troubleshooting
- Ensuring trouble-free and permanent operation of the IT infrastructure
- Firewall and security technology
- Close cooperation with Windows engineering and software development
- Trend scouting (focus on technology and security)
- Second level support/troubleshooting in the event of technical malfunctions
- Backup project management and other IT service functions
Ideally, you will have Linux system engineering experience and high security awareness; an entrepreneurial, innovative mindset; the ability to work in a team; an eye for detail and high-quality standards, and good analytical and comprehension skills.
What our client can offer you
You will be working for an exciting and growing supply chain finance solutions provider, offering programs to assist businesses with financial operations. They have over 30 years trading in the industry and are comprised of long-lasting employees. The environment is friendly and diverse with a dynamic and well-coordinated leadership team, and due to the size of the company they are able to offer interesting development opportunities with quick decision-making paths.
Overview on the location
Zug is a modern, German speaking city with low tax rates at approximately half of Zurich's. Although the city has a large presence of companies, it's known for beautiful landscapes, clean air, and a high quality of life. The Canton of Zug are also establishing themselves as Swiss' Crypto Valley and accept municipal fees in digital currencies. EU candidates are welcomed and easily able to gain right to work in Switzerland.