Senior Project Manager
Posted on Apr 7, 2022 by GlobalLogic UK&I
We are GlobalLogic, a Hitachi Group Company.
Based across 14 countries, GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise - we help our clients imagine what's possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
At GlobalLogic, we have a phenomenal track record of successfully delivering ground-breaking Cloud & Digital Transformation programmes and we have an international reach working with a wide variety of projects and customers. Our approach enables companies "build the exceptional" and be fit for purpose in the 21 st century.
We hire based on personality, potential, and enthusiasm to make a difference, then we give you the tools and skills you need to follow your own path. You'll benefit by gaining exposure to a wide range of tools and technologies that you can then put into practice and become certified on various Cloud (and related) technologies that will help you to develop your own toolkit.
This role is based in our UK&I region.
As a Senior Project Manager you'll engage with senior stakeholders as well as leading and overseeing successful delivery of key projects for our clients,- reporting into the project board/programme manager and managing interdependencies, budget, timescales and resource.
We are particularly interested in candidates with previous Financial Services/ banking experience, together with Change Management and 3 rd party management experience
About the role:
- Apply standards/procedures in a relevant manner, making improvements where appropriate.
- Take ownership of objectives, requirements and any scope changes across the project lifecycle.
- Identify and manage resources, risks, assumptions and dependencies for successful project completion.
- Provide advice, guidance and design input on high level solutions proposed and resultant implementation.
- Collaborate on solutions and deliverables throughout a project lifecycle. • Gain consensus on technologies and approaches used.
- Ensure clear communications through the production and presentation of clear, consistent and timely documentation and management information.
- Actively collaborate with project team and manage stakeholder satisfaction.
- Act as a mentor to other staff members.
- Regularly undertake consultative engagements.
About you (ideally):
- Demonstrable expertise in delivering and managing people, process and technology models.
- Management of stakeholder requirements, expectations, objectives and relationships at Project / Programme Board / Executive Board levels.
- Mature and deep understanding of project methodologies including waterfall and agile.
- Delivering results against complex technical, logistical, commercial and cultural challenges. • Measurably meeting business requirements across and beyond project lifecycle.
- Experience within technical consultancy and/or service delivery organisations.
- Excellent commercial acumen, to align business requirements with technical solutions. Technical Insight:
- Expert knowledge of project management methodologies, including the management of planning, scheduling, risk, issue, configuration, assumptions, milestones, dependencies, change and finances, commercial contracts.
- Excellent relationship management skills up to executive board level.
- Leading 3rd party suppliers in the delivery of objectives, ensuring clear statement of works and measurement of achievement.
- Expert knowledge of skills and techniques to deploy in team leadership, stakeholder management, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Proven track record in delivering highly complex and/or large-scale projects with multiple vendors; locations; stakeholders; and with diverging or converging technologies.
Why GlobalLogic UK&I?
Our goal is to build an inclusive positive culture where everyone can feel comfortable being themselves, empowering people to create their own high standards and therefore more value. We work together to promote fairness while recognising, valuing and embracing differences - providing a transparent support structure and generous training budget to help our people develop skills to progress their career. Our region supports a hybrid model which can flex across a wide spectrum of working options determined by business, customer and individual needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation. We are proud signatories to the Tech Talent Charter which was created because solving the diversity problem in tech requires a collective effort across companies and sectors
You'll benefit from a comprehensive health and wellness plan, private healthcare (clinical and mental wellbeing), discounted gym memberships, and in office yoga sessions and massages. We offer a fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme and recognition schemes through bonus/reward initiatives. Colleagues are entitled to an annual volunteering day - so you can take time to support a cause close to your heart. We also love to stay social at our trips to the zoo, quiz nights, sports events, theatre trips and much more.