Data Warehouse Architect Contract
Posted on Apr 7, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Data Warehouse Architect Contractor. This role will be 6 month long or longer contract and can be remote. This position requires 5+ years of experience with data management, data modelling, SSIS, SQL Servers Platform, and implementation of Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Assists with defining requirements, design and documentation of Data Warehouse architecture components.
- Works with the logical business model and develops the logic necessary to create and populate the tables necessary for the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Develop ETL scripts and write SQL code from data model, dataflow diagram and technical design specifications
- Architects the transformation of transactional (normalized) data to facts and dimensions.
- Establishes appropriate parent and child relationships within the data model.
- Applies and adapts data architecture principles, standards, concepts, practices and techniques as appropriate to specific use cases.
- Work with DBAs to migrate schema changes between development, QA and production environments.
- Assist Project Managers and BI delivery team leaders in estimating effort and resources for new projects and enhancement requests.
- Minimum of 5 years related data management and/or data modelling experience
- Experience working with SSIS and SQL Server database platform
- Requires experience with EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) implementation
- Experience data modelling using Kimball, Inmon, Vault and other common methodologies
- Experience working with Talend Data Fabric/Open Studio a plus
- Experience with data visualization platforms like Tableau and Qlik a plus
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques
- Understanding ETL techniques
- Knowledge of Transact SQL and data query/reporting tool
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel