Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator
Posted on Apr 5, 2022 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
For our client based in Basel, Michael Bailey Associates is currently looking to hire a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator for a 12-months contract.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
To work as a member of the database administration team, your primary responsibilities are the administration of the Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database infrastructures, with the main focus on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Backup/restore operations
- Monitoring and alert management
- Performance analysis and tuning
- PowerShell Scripting for task automation
- Configuring new SQL Servers
- Managing Server logins and database users and security compliance
- SQL Server patching
- Subject Matter Expert in Microsoft SQL Server databases with proven in-depth knowledge and experience of Microsoft SQL Server database administration tasks (daily operations, provisioning/deployment, backup and recovery, security/patching, monitoring, performance tuning, partitioning/compression, T-SQL programming)
- Min 5 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Integration, Reporting and Analysis Services.
- Experience with Oracle administration.
- Broad understanding of IT best practices and how to apply them in a business environment.
- Sound understanding of the latest trends in technology.
- Willingness to learn the administration of SAP Sybase IQ database systems.
- Troubleshoot database issues at several levels of the technology stack (server, networking, applications).
- Readiness to work outside normal working hours during service windows and to provide on-call cover for evenings and weekends.
- Fluent in English (oral and written), knowledge of German and/or French desirable.
- Solid experience with the Windows operating system, PowerShell (dbatools), backup solutions (ideally Networker), job scheduling (ideally Control-M) and security benchmarks (CIS/DoD).
Please feel free to get in touch for further information.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.