Senior Engineer - Substations
Posted on Apr 5, 2022 by E-Frontiers
We are recruiting for a Senior Engineer for Substations for our client. Role is for 12 months contract and can be in Cork or Dublin.
€550-€600 per day
Travel to site required.
- To provide high quality designs and safety coordination on a diverse range of electricity transmission and distribution development projects
- Overall responsibility for safety as Project Supervisor Design Stage (PSDP).
- Preparation & review of design risk assessments and project H&S plans for design & construction teams
- Overall responsibility for leading and delivering substation designs, design meetings and all programme deliverables, budgetary and quality requirements
- Providing technical support to colleagues in the area of substation design meetings and ensuring the verification of designs issued within the group
- Management and coordination of technical, commercial and financial aspects of the project with all internal and external stakeholders
- A strong work ethic with a clear focus on delivering results within a tight time frame whilst ensuring the safety and quality of the project is not impacted
- A proven track record of success contributing to the training and development of new entrants within the group
- The ability to manage and coordinate inputs from a range of engineering disciplines and key stakeholders
- A flexible approach to work, especially where necessary to deliver excellent customer service.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to deliver on the key responsibilities outlined above.
- A strong understanding of all elements of Substation Tendering and Tender evaluations, scoping, planning, design, costing, construction and commissioning
- Strong Contractor negotiation skills
- Strong project management and contract management skills and knowledge
- Experience in a wide range of the design including transmission and distribution substations, for example; (10/20 kV, 38 kV, 110 kV and 220 kV substation design).
- Experience in Control & Protection Systems.
- Experience in Auxiliary Power Systems (AC/DC).
- Power Transformers and or Reactors.
- Understanding and experience of the PSDP/CDMC processes.
- The demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Full drivers' licence valid for use in the Republic of Ireland.
PSDP Competency HV1/HV2 (or CDMC equivalent)
Site work competency DS 2/DS3.
Essential Either level 8 in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience is essential.