Product Owner (m/w/d)
Posted on Apr 2, 2022 by ITech Consult
Product Owner (m/w/d) - IT/Software Development/Scrum/SAFe/English
For our client Roche Diagnostic based in Rotkreuz we are looking for a Product Owner (m/w/d)
The candidate supports various RMD initiatives and supports/coaches other Product Owner.
The Product Owner is expected to support his/her team and RMD Software, by preparing and managing scope, living the Roche and RMD Software values and principles.
Helping both team and RMD Software to grow, learn and develop, improving what we do every day through relentless improvement.
As a member of RMD Software, the Product Owner contributes to the definition and implementation of processes, practices and ways of working that ensure the teams and RMD
Software reach their highest sustainable performance.
The mission of our Instrument Team is to develop instrument software and UI in Kiosk Mode (hardened).
The perfect candidate:
We are looking for a candidate with an IT degree and experience as Software Developer
(Professional to Senior Level) who has experience as PO in the pharmaceutical, medical device or regulated environment. This candidate should be able to work with different stakeholders within one program.
Areas of responsibility:
This Product Owner is a key role in the team. The candidate should facilitate the product backlog with the stakeholders and the team so that the team can implement the feature in an efficient and correct way. Our biggest customer is the instrument, so interest to learn about the instrument is key. In this position, it is crucial to work with the UX team to review the UI mockups. Influence is on the detail because the UI workflow has to fit into the Roche family approach.
- Responsible for the agile project management approach (preparing user stories & tasks, facilitating sprint planning, visualizing work and dependencies, etc.).
- Requirements engineering in a regulated environment.
- Defect management (involves exploratory application testing to verify software quality/implementation of user stories).
- Supports the Product Manager to manage the program backlog.
- Works with the SAFe framework.
- Supports cross-team cooperation and collaboration among other POs in the Agile Release Train and helps the team to operate well on the train.
- Helps manage risks and dependencies.
- Provides input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks.
- Works with the Release Train Engineer for planning and tracking.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within the team and with stakeholders.
- Leadership attitude in shaping the product together with the development team.
- Lives, coaches and helps the team to embrace the RMD Software principles, values, and mindset.
- Min. Bachelor degree in Business, IT, Engineering or equivalent fields or experience
- Min. 5 years Software Development or similar experience
- A minimum experience of 3 years as a Product Owner, preferred in the pharmaceutical or regulated industry
- Is experienced in working with multiple Scrum teams (at least 3) in a single program
- Expert knowledge of Scrum, Lean, and one or more agile scaling models (SAFe, LeSS)
- Highly self-organized, and take active ownership
- Fluent in English is necessary
Nice to haves:
- German spoken and written
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience with Intland Retina requirements tool
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience in Design Thinking
Reference no: 921349SKN
Role: Product Owner
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Rotkreuz, Switzerland
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.