Product Owner (NHS Industry needed) - Permanent - Manchester
Posted on Apr 1, 2022 by iBSC
Title: Product Owner
Location: Manchester (Remote flexibility available)
Duration: Permanent Position
Budget: £40,000 - £45,000 Per Annum + Benefit
Please note that NHS industry experience is needed for this role
We believe that data makes a difference. That it is the lifeblood that flows through an organisation's systems and operations, and when managed correctly, it allows for better decision making and improved performance across the whole business.
We are committed to helping clients across all sectors share our vision, and then implement first class solutions and practices that places their data at the heart of everything they do.
We enable them to adopt a culture which recognises the importance of intelligent information and encourages empowered team members to turn their data into a valuable asset. We know that the key to a successful formula is underpinned by the right technology and the right people. We understand both.
With a long-established customer base within the healthcare market, We provides a range of data engineering and analytics solutions to the NHS. We wish to evolve our offerings to provide more insight to our clients and to capitalise on evolving technologies.
Role: Product Owner - Healthcare Analytic Solutions
Our Business Intelligence delivery team is looking for an experienced, passionate, and highly motivated product owner to drive forward our analytics solutions into the healthcare market. This represents an exciting time to join the team to oversee the delivery of a new marquee solution into the marketplace.
The hands-on role will include the following responsibilities:
- Support and enrich our analytic solution strategy including its outcomes and technology direction.
- Define analytic use cases from customer, sales, and marketing engagement to form the product roadmap, its release schedule and resource plans.
- Manage the delivery of a large-scale cloud development programme to revolutionise the product stack.
- Lead a growing development team to deliver product development releases.
- Plan and deliver pre-sales activity to support sales opportunities including demonstrations and proof of concept vehicles.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious person with demonstrable experience of delivering solutions in a commercial setting. The role would suit an experienced and engaging product owner or someone with a strong background in an agile product delivery environment.
Core attributes include:
- Hands-on experience of working with stakeholders in the application of data analytic solutions to improve outcomes.
- Experience in delivery of end-to-end data analytics solutions including data ingestion, transformation, database design and data visualisation.
- A track record of delivering enterprise scale solutions - preferably based on cloud architecture.
- Knowledge of NHS data sets and how they are used across different healthcare settings is extremely desirable.
- Well versed in a structured development process (agile preferred) with the ability to articulate well-formed use cases.
- Up to date understanding of the data analytics landscape including the role of cloud and emerging technologies.
- Team leadership skills.
- A strategic thinker, always looking for opportunities and improvements.
- An open, collaborative communication style and a team player.
- An ability to think fast and learn quickly.
- A passion for quality and doing the right thing.
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Database design in a top tier mainstream DBMS such as SQL Server or Oracle.
- Hands on experience with a major BI tool (eg PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau etc).
- Experience of developing data transformation processes using an ETL tool (eg Data Factory, SSIS, Informatica, TransactSQL etc).
Alongside the core skills listed above, we would be interested in applicants who have experience in one or more of the following areas.
- Azure product stack (Azure Data Factory, Data lake Gen2, Cosmos DB)
- Snowflake (Datamodelling, ELT using Snowflake SQL)
- Qlik product stack (QlikView, Qlik Sense, NPrinting, Qlik Cloud SSAS)
- Informatica product stack (PowerCenter, MDM, Cloud)
- SAP Business Objects and SAP Analytics Cloud