Posted on Apr 1, 2022 by Objective Professional Services Limited
Based Bristol with some travel and home working.
Contract Rate Negotiable (£40-50 per hour)
This company is at the forefront of technology to clean and process wastewater for both the municipal and industrial sectors.
The role is very varied but will involve leading a small team of field engineers, assisting in design, managing subcontractors and assisting with bids and tenders. You will also lead a site build and use the process to productise and make more efficient the build processes establishing new standards (including IS 9000) within the business.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in industrial (not domestic) engineering.
- Excellent people management skills
- Skilled in a variety of engineering areas, including some of the following: electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, process engineering, design engineering, process design and optimisation, understanding of hydraulics and air principles, experience of remote diagnostics and filtration.
- Hands on experience and able to be a sounding board for field engineers, as well as experience of design so that you can develop designs for the sales team.
- Experience of project delivery. Experience of NEC3 or NED4 contracts is preferred.
- Site health and safety
- Initially able to work on site, willing and able to travel
- Ability to manage subcontractors and manage site work - eg organise delivery inspections, approve Risk and Method Statements, conduct Factory and Site acceptance tests etc.
- Ability to write and respond to Request for Information/Proposal/Tender documents/information.
- Communicate, report and attend meetings including to the board,
Desirable Skills and Experience: -
- Wastewater engineering, biological process engineering.
- Project management experience, PRINCE 2 or other project management qualification.
- Budget management
- Contract preparation and management - eg MF1.
- Strong relationship builder, company ambassador, problem solver, with the ability to achieve high standards.