QA Test Engineer
Posted on Mar 30, 2022 by LCA Consulting Services
QA Test Engineer
My client has a requirement for an experienced QA Test Engineer with Automation experience to join their QA Team.
The successful candidate will work with the development team in building and executing comprehensive suites of test plans and test cases and will have a minimum of 4 years' commercial experience.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation.
- Add to our company's testing efforts and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies.
- Contribute and evolve high quality automated test solutions for functional, regression and performance testing.
- Knowledge transfer and cross train other team members to enhance the teams automation capabilities.
- Develop an understanding of client business terminology practice and procedures within a reasonable timeframe.
- Provide input as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing and executing test procedures and test cases).
- Manage priorities and set expectations when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
- You may be required to perform additional duties, not listed above, to support the testing function into the future.
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Development team on a daily basis.
- Liaise with Product Owners/Business Analysts/Business Users if requirements are unclear.
- Execute Test plans and Regression Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
- Test complex areas of application(s) and use business knowledge to determine if functionality is correct.
- Investigate and document defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all defects.
- Clearly articulate and communicate testing status, and red/yellow flags, which might interfere with the achievement of QA milestones.
- Must have 4+ cumulative years of Software Test experience.
- Proven track record using Industry Standard Test Automation Tools, Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition), Selenium (WebDriver) or similar tools.
- Good Working knowledge of SQL.
- Automated Testing experience.
- Scrum/Agile experience.
- Experience testing business/enterprise applications.
- Experience of structured testing methods and techniques.
- Working knowledge.NET advantageous.
- Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Experience in the use of Defect Tracking tools like Microsoft TFS, Dev Ops, HP ALM.