Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Mar 29, 2022 by Levy Associates Ltd
Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for an experienced, Senior Data Engineer to join an exciting project at one of The Netherlands biggest banks. Main aim of this project is to work on a decentralised data architecture that is used across the entire banking organisation.
As part of the department that handles the distribution of data, you must feel comfortable working in a DevOps team, while being able to look at different sourcing patterns to explore new cloud technologies as well as implement them with respect to scale, reliability and security issues. On top of that, for this role you will be required to build applications, services and tools aiming to capture technical and business metadata, for management to have access and to capture data lineage. Finally, you have to work collaboratively with other Data Engineers in order to establish an organised and collective operation of the platform while creating value to the stakeholders.
Based on your knowledge and expertise we expect you to have:
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering
- Experienced in development and design of metadata driven data applications (Datalakes, Datawarehouses, Datamarts etc).
- Knowledgeable on metadata concepts (Lineage, Catalog, search etc).
- Knowledgeable on normal forms, different modelling techniques (Dimensional Modelling, Data Vault Modelling, Anchor Modelling).
- Knowledgeable on Syntactical vs Semantical models.
- Basic Knowledge of data consumption techniques Data Wrangling, Self Service BI, Managed BI, Advanced Analytics etc.
- 3+ years of experience in Distributed data processing environment eg Hadoop, Spark, Flink
- 3+ years of experience on PySpark.
- 2+ years of experience on RDBMS and NoSQL, including performance optimizations.
- 3+ years of experience on Python.
- 2+ years of experience on Azure Data Services (ADLS Gen 1 vs Gen2, ADF, SQL, Synapse, Databricks).
- Basic understanding of Data streaming and API solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in CI/CD (preferred Azure DevOps).
- You have programming skills in for example Python, C# and PowerShell.
- Experience in creating applications and (Micro) services
Levy is an international IT staffing organization providing recruitment and project resourcing services to companies ranging from start-ups to well established global players across the UK, Holland, Germany, Belgium and the USA. By partnering with our clients, we provide tailored interim and permanent IT staffing solutions to help them deliver their initiatives across applications and infrastructure, touching areas such as Digital, Data, Cloud, Cybersecurity and ERP.
Levy Associates Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.