Posted on Mar 25, 2022 by Access Group
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of Love work, Love life' has been central to our success and so we're looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
• You are an accomplished Full Stack developer building high quality software ideally using ReactJS.
• You take pride in your work and the work of your team, ensuring that we delight users with our software and make their lives easier every day.
• You are collaborative, pragmatic, positive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement - working with non-developers such as analysts and product owners.
• You demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and plan Dev sprint/release activities, prioritising your work, and help unblock others, in accordance with sprint goals; displaying ownership, responsibility and good decision-making.
• You have a strong understanding of software industry development standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
• You have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using Git), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
• You have direct experience working with delivery pipelines, contributing to a shared codebase.
• You write clear & self-documenting code, organising methods and classes appropriately. Able to refactor existing code to improve readability. Good understanding of technical and commercial drivers when making decisions on refactoring.
• You demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail, displaying a can-do attitude and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• You have the ability and motivation to test your own work and that of others to ensure we maintain our high quality standards.
• You demonstrate great communication skills and are able to communicate with, and advise stakeholders in various departments at various levels and client technical teams
• You will be working on projects to rearchitect our legacy products onto modern technology and to apply best practices to our solutions.
• Ensuring our solutions meet business requirements, and align with technology and governance standards, and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
As a well-rounded Full stack Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Ability to develop new industry-leading products in collaboration with our product and content teams by using a range of languages and technologies such as:
• Ability to build new and improve existing API capabilities to allow integration with our Cloud platform
• Attend technical integration calls with stakeholders to present technical capabilities and agree solutions where needed
• Actively contribute improving our API integration documentation with Swagger
• Understanding of security methodologies such as OAuth and Open Id
• You will be comfortable with an agile environment, enjoying a fast-paced and collaborative atmosphere.
• Working knowledge of Git and Git workflows
• Working knowledge of Azure DevOps (build/release pipelines)
• Good knowledge of Cloud security and preventative solutions
• An appreciation of,or understanding of Progress OpenEdge technologies.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain