Product Development & Sustainability Manager
Who we are
At Monica Vinader, we're on a mission to prove that buying better, wearing longer and doing better don't have to be mutually exclusive. From our commitment to making the most sustainable jewellery we can using precious materials, to the timeless style and endless versatility of our pieces, we are driven to making everyday fine jewellery accessible and affordable.
We are digital first, customer obsessed, female led and inclusive, focused on creating meaningful relationships with our community, who we owe our success to. We are looking for someone special to join our team to help us make luxury something we can all enjoy everyday.
Where we need your help
We have all the makings of an iconic brand - beautiful products that are timeless and designed to last, service that exceeds our customers' expectations, a passionate founder that cares deeply about doing what is right and a loyal and growing community who advocate for us.
As part of the New Product Development (NPD) team, the Sustainable Supply Manager is an exciting opportunity to join our fast paced, energetic business, to help us continue with our ambitious development and growth plans, and with our mission to accelerate sustainable change across the jewellery industry.
The Sustainable Supply Manager, working directly with the Chief Product Officer and General Manager of Supply, will work closely with the NPD team to lead sustainability projects within the supply chain, and project manage and deliver to our supplier planning and resourcing goals. They will also work cross-functionally to work both closely with our Supply partners, and with internal sustainability stakeholders to make positive change delivering into our sustainability roadmap, with pace and with excellence.
This is a Norfolk based role, with a requirement for a minimum of 2-3 days per week at our Holkham office and remote working for part of the week.
What you will do
• You will directly own and project manage a revolutionary exciting project within the sustainable supply area, working with pace and cross functionally across the business
• Working closely with our supply team, you will work across our supply partners and sourcing suppliers to drive traceability projects, to build an end to end journey of products from material sourcing to manufacture.
• Own and maintain appropriate due diligence and compliance with respect to ethical material sourcing, transparency and business sustainability product claims.
• Work towards our aggressive sustainability roadmap in a fast paced, often ambiguous environment undergoing substantial growth, directly contributing progress to the Sustainable Steering Committee
• Indirectly manage and influence supply relationships to build a strong partnership that delivers to the supply strategy goals, and to feedback learnings & opportunities.
• Working closely with the NPD Development team, resource/ develop product with supply partners, in line with Supply Strategy, with pace.
• Manage your own sampling, timelines and ensuring products are sealed at the right quality, and working very closely with NPD Commercial, at the right price.
• Contribute to the Supplier strategy and forecast discussions, of which your resourcing projects contribute directly.
• Be willing to muck in and drive other Sustainability and NPD improvement projects across the team, which at times will be administrative.
What you will bring
• Experience and / or knowledge from within the Sustainability sector
• The ability to work in an ambiguous environment, where the answer is not always obvious, and the right questions need to be asked
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Adept at managing multiple priorities and with meticulous attention to detail
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership, sound decision-making and the ability to quickly identify problems and implement solutions.
• The ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with the ability to plan and prioritise
• Team player with a collaborative attitude, and strong willingness to learn and progress within the NPD Team
• A passion for getting things done, always willing to offer support and help to others
• You are calm under pressure
• Sound ability of Microsoft Office including Excel
To be successful at MV
• You are a doer
• You're a team player
• You're humble
• You are honest, straightforward, and transparent
• You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible)
• You want to get your hands dirty
• You solve problems
• You are resilient
• You are flexible
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly
• You love working in a creative environment
• You have a sense of humour
• You are an insatiable learner
Ad hoc travel to our London office will be required
Full UK driving license required