Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud Platforms) - remote/work from home
Posted on Jan 15, 2022 by Easton Haines Consultancy
Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud Platforms) - remote
The Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer (with an emphasis on cloud platforms) will provide support and technical expertise to assist with the departmental objective of delivering and developing a stable and secure operational infrastructure service that meets the business requirement. You will support the business in BAU, Project Delivery and R&D capacities following industry best practices, while collaborating with team members and other departments and 3rd parties where required. You will keep abreast of emerging technologies and assist with the infrastructure strategy while maintaining and developing relationships with Internal stakeholders, vendors and suppliers to achieve the departmental objective while contributing to the wider IT Strategy.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, your responsibilities in the role will include:
- VMWare vSphere architecture and management.
- Supporting and maintaining on premise data-centre hardware, specifically HPE Blade System.
- Supporting Windows Server Operating Systems, Including IIS, DNS, DHCP and other key Microsoft server technologies
- Enterprise SAN and fabric configuration (HPE, Brocade)
The successful Senior Infrastructure Engineer will have a good mix of the following:
- Worked previously with F5 Load Balancers
- Knowledge of Enterprise networking, Cisco Nexus Switches, Cisco ASA Firewall and Web proxies
- Supported Avaya IP telephony.
- Experience with Enterprise Server AV management
- Previously worked with CentOS and Redhat Linux basic administration, command line and security knowledge
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, Citrix cloud and N etScaler services.
- Azure Certified or equivalent experience with 4+ years in a similar role.
- Experienced professional with in-depth knowledge and experience of Cloud infrastructure, preferably Azure
- In-depth knowledge and experience working in heavily virtualised VMWare environments.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory (including Trust and Migration experience) with Group Policy exposure.
In return you will receive an extremely competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and a great working environment although this role can be based largely from home.
Please apply either by using the link provided or by emailing your CV direct to me. Alternatively, you can call for more information on the number shown below.
Easton Haines Consultancy is a specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. No terminology in the advertisement is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary or contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment business.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose CVs match the job requirements.