Principal IT Security Officer Japan
Posted on Jan 15, 2022 by The Talent Recruiters B.V.
THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE ROLE.
We are looking for a Principal IT Security Officer JP who will be accountable for the security relationship management with regional business leaders and their teams in Japan. The Security Officer will implement regional security processes, will act as a primary security point of contact for all employees in the JP Office, and will drive the definition of security requirements for projects of the project portfolio of the regional IT Manager. The Security Officer is required to have a very broad level of knowledge and expertise and is required to have a thorough understanding of technical security threats and risks, as well as expertise in defining roadmaps and setting priorities based on risk assessments. As IT is focused on a services-based IT operating model, the Principal IT Security Officer JP will work closely with other IT and business teams to develop solutions for regional security issues, incidents and problems.
You will be part of the Global Cyber Security & IT Risk team and will report directly to the Senior Director, Global Head of Cyber Security & IT Risk Management.
The key responsibilities for this role will be, but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with regional leaders in Japan across functions.
- Act as a regional business partner for new developments, questions, and issues related to information security and actively maintain the regional stakeholder network.
- Act as regional partner for the regional IT Manager and perform security risk assessments and drive the definition of security requirements/controls for regional projects.
- Drive the resolution of security incidents (2nd line support) and actively align with local IT Deskside Support and global Security Operations team.
- Actively promote information security and support security awareness activities on JP location.
- At minimum five years of demonstrable work experience in security officer or manager role with strategic/tactical/operational responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in working in multinational organization and virtual teams
- Demonstrated experience of influencing key stakeholders across the organization and within complex contexts
- Demonstrated experience in setting up a (security) improvement roadmap and driving the implementation of corresponding actions and processes.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA or similar are required
- Excellent knowledge of security and risk management frameworks and standards (eg NIST, ISO).
- Excellent knowledge of ICT technology (eg cloud, SaaS, network/server management) combined with an insight in threat actors and attack vectors.
- Excellent knowledge and insight into business and organizational processes; experience in working in a biotech or pharmacological company is a pre.
- Excellent contact skills being able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders and to deal with the different interests in the organization.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IT workforce.
- Experience tracking, measuring and communicating the quality of (security) services provided to the enterprise.
- Strong soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to build consensus, making decisions based on many variables, and gain support for major initiatives.
- Strong sense of self, ethics and effort, as well as the willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Basic Japanese language skill are preferred.