Posted on Jan 14, 2022 by Sage Publishing
This position will lead development resources across multiple applications, coordinating workloads and lead the utilisation of third-party development resources.
The role coordinates development activities on both existing applications and new application implementations, leading sophisticated solution definition, being responsible for configuration and data management initiatives to optimise value delivery to the business.
- Lead the workload of internal and external development resources.
- Coordinate the design and build of integrated enterprise applications for data processing, access and analysis according to business initiatives and requirements.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of technical specifications, outline steps, flowcharts, and timetables for the development of programs, databases and reports.
- Provide/coordinate technical assistance, support and training on the use of systems to clients.
- Maintain compliance with the SAGE Enterprise Systems Development Lifecycle processes.
- Communicate regularly with users, business analysts and technical staff to ensure optimum customer value delivery.
- Research, recommend and develop automated solutions for manual activities
- Uphold security and privacy standard practices and ensure that security is embedded in each activity.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Validated ability to drive initiatives and lead others to successful completion of initiatives and tasks.
- Solid experience/background in developing/configuring applications.
- Deep understanding of SQL Server 2016 and above.
- Demonstrable experience in developing with SQL Server (TSQL).
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Understanding Cloud-based services (Azure strongly preferred)
- Deep understanding and experience of SSIS 2014
- Ability to program in Python
- Good understanding of CI/CD (Azure DevOps preferred)
This job description is not contractual. To perform this role successfully, you must be able to perform each of the key accountabilities satisfactorily. To meet changes in business operational, procedural or technical requirements SAGE may add remove or amend/change the accountabilities for this role and you should be aware that this job description is not exhaustive, and you may be asked to undertake reasonable tasks and activities outside those for which you are primarily employed.
SAGE UK is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and is an equal opportunities employer. We value individuality and therefore welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.