Company Secretarial Manager
Posted on Jan 13, 2022 by Resource Solutions - Tilney Smith and Williamson
For over a century, Tilney Smith & Williamson has provided tailored financial and professional services to private clients and their business interests. Today, the firm is one of the largest independently owned investment managers in the UK in addition to being the country's eighth largest accounting firm. Its 1,700 staff serve clients including individuals, families, entrepreneurs, charities, trustees, professional advisers and businesses from 13 offices in the UK, Ireland and Jersey.
Assurance & Business Services (ABS)
We provide a range of services including external and internal audit, finance due diligence, valuations, management accounts and payroll services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and startups to substantial international groups. Our client portfolio includes businesses from a variety of different industry sectors, across both private and AIM listed companies.
Our Dublin Company Secretarial team currently look after circa 400 clients.
The role will be Irish Technical based and focus on core Irish Corporate Secretarial skills. Working in a team of three, a company secretarial manager will help us provide high quality company secretarial services to a growing client base of Irish entities focusing mainly on our Dublin based clients.
- Manage a portfolio of clients and contribute to the smooth running of the company secretarial department
- Keeping up to date on changes in the legislation, regulation and best practice
- Attend and minute board/members meetings
- Advise, prepare the required documents for signature and manage the process through to completion for:
- Reduction of capital via solvency statement
- Re-organisation of share capital (eg allotment, subdivision, consolidation, share buybacks, redenomination, creating new share classes)
- Transfer of shares and arranging payment of the Stamp Duty where required
- Incorporate UK companies, LLPs and registration of UK establishments of overseas companies
- Change the name of companies and LLPs
- Draft routine amendments to articles of association and the necessary resolutions and ensure timely submission to Companies House.
- Planning & time management
- Presenting & communicating information
- Applying expertise
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Qualified company secretary with relevant experience.
Skills and experience:
- Solid technical skills in general secretarial practice and practical experience with capital reductions, share buy-backs and other more complex procedures.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a busy company secretariat or Practice
- Sound knowledge of general company secretarial administration procedures and the Companies Act 2014.
- Able to multi-task in busy periods and ensure that the team meets the deadlines.
- Focused on providing excellent client service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a good eye for detail.
- Experience with Relate Software (not essential).
With £54.8 billion of assets under management (as of 30 June 2021), it ranks as the third largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the eighth largest professional services firm ranked by fee income. The Group currently operates through three principal brands: Tilney, Smith & Williamson, and online investment service Bestinvest. It has a network of 28 offices across the UK, as well as the Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands. Through its operating companies, the Group offers an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, and businesses.
Tilney Smith & Williamson's chosen purpose to "place the power of good advice into more hands" succinctly encapsulates the group's central mission of supporting both individuals and businesses to achieve their goals.
In delivering its purpose, Tilney Smith & Williamson have set out three core values that it is committed to embedding in the culture of the business:
- Personal - we treat you as an individual: We are a people business at heart and strive to deliver a friendly, inclusive, and personalised service to all of our clients, large and small.
- Partnership - we go further together: We develop relationships that stand the test of time, spanning multiple generations. We partner across the full breadth of our expertise to create value for our clients, our company and society at large.
- Performance - we strive for more: We are ambitious for our clients and for ourselves, so we aim to be a forward-thinking and innovative business that leads the way in the industry.
The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief. At Tilney Smith & Williamson we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.