Junior SOC Analyst
Posted on Jan 13, 2022 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
Michale Bailey Associates is currently looking to hire a Junior SOC Analyst for a 6 months contract (with the possibility of extension) for a client based in Basel.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Providing SOC Tier1/2 analysis work, handling alerts, triage of cases and incidents within the Cyber Security Operations team
- Work on incident cases and run investigations/analysis
- Work with ticketing tools to manage the security alerts
Junior profile with around 3+ years of experience in security operations overall ability to manage incidents and alerts using related technologies. We are looking for a proactive person able to pick up things quickly and collaborate with the team and other stakeholders.
- Around 3 years of experience in security operations/support level (level 1 and 2) with proven experience in case/alert investigation
- Around 3 years of experience or knowledge of network protocols (HTTP, DNS, LDAP, FTP, etc)
- Around 3 years of experience or Knowledge of networking (Firewalls, NGFW, IPS/IDS, packet captures)
- Around 3 years of experience or knowledge of Log analysis and Digital Forensics
- Working experience or knowledge with SIEM (preferably IBM QRadar and Azure Sentinel)
- Very good level of English language
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Cloud security services (Preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Basic programming knowledge is desirable (PowerShell and python) to assist with automation of SOC tasks.
- Experience in handling Incidents to resolution and participating in threat hunting activities
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.