Posted on Jan 13, 2022 by Venquis Limited
Venquis are currently working with a globally recognised brand to support them with their search for a Operations Engineer.
As an Operations Engineer you will work in an agile environment. Are you enthusiastic about designing, implementing and maintaining web applications? Do you want to work with the latest technology and give direction to our DevOps tooling and procedures?
Your everyday tasks will be:
- Manage one or more business-critical systems, ensure continuous and correct monitoring and ensure backups. This also includes Scripting and tuning the platform;
- Collaborate with other team members on security, problem solving and tooling and process optimization as well as participate in safety testing and incident, problem and change management;
- Contributing to operation projects such as large-scale technology transitions, including planning and implementing specific operational tasks;
- Using and implementing a wide variety of open source technologies and various tools;
- Maintaining Microsoft-based and non-Microsoft-based environments for various projects based on Azure, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Servers, CRM and others;
- Participating in project work, as a part of development cycle, providing high level of availability of applications and systems based on project and SLA requirements;
- Reporting internally on tasks, activities and SLA goals;
- Responding to customer requests, change management cycle, incidents etc. based on ITIL practices.
You have completed a technical study at a university or a university of applied sciences and a number of years of experience as a system engineer.
If you have knowledge or are interested in and are willing to learn the following topics, you are probably the right candidate:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure and Servers
- Experience writing scripts in PowerShell
- Good understanding of Cloud Security principles
- Experience with Kubernetes (AKS, GKE, EKS)
- Knowledge of Azure and other Cloud Solutions
- You need to be proficient in English, both written and spoken
- Experience with Icinga is a big plus
As a person you are independent and self-driven, you are ready to take responsibility from day one. You're also a great team player, ready to go for an extra mile for your colleagues. You like to be up to date with new technologies and knowledge-sharing is important to you. You are structured, able to organize your time and document your work.
Should you wish to be considered, please apply to this post ensuring your most up to date CV and contact details are included. Alternatively, please email (see below) directly.