Veeva Application Manager
Posted on Jan 12, 2022 by LCA Consulting Services
Veeva Application Manager
My client has a requirement for an experienced Veeva Application Manager to join their project.
This individual is responsible for driving technology direction through deep understanding of business requirements and desired business outcomes for assigned functions within WWRD - (DevSci Quality, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Affairs), Commercial, & Global Compliance & Ethics (GCE). Leads the planning and implementation of technology strategy in partnership with the business functions. Understands current and future technology needs and translates business needs into the functional roadmap to support growth, operational efficiency, and extraordinary customer experience. This includes alignment with IM Strategy to extend the use of existing strategic platforms, identifying and supporting cost benefit analysis to look at the pros and cons of different technology selection options. This includes turning strategies into tangible projects and supporting value realization baseline development for project candidates. Where applicable, acts as the System Owner for strategic platforms, ie., Veeva Promo Mats, Events and eTMF supporting the governance, maintenance & support of the applications.
Veeva Application Ownership
- In partnership with the business functions and resources in Information Management, define and maintain global application governance and prioritization processes for the following Veeva applications: eTMF, PromoMats, and Events.
- Align business and technology strategy to drive cross-functional connections between document, data, and business processes within the Veeva Platform
- Partner with business stakeholders to identify business challenges and related solutions
- Develop, maintain and communicate an intimate understanding of Business strategies and champion the ongoing maintenance of the Technology roadmap.
- Facilitate communication and maintain bi-directional awareness of Commercial, WWRD/GCE and Global IM initiatives
- Manage annual budget and financial forecast for Veeva applications
- Collaborate with the Global IM Team to maintain and improve best practices and standardize processes across all IM resources supporting the Veeva Platform. Partner with other IM Business Solutions functions to share knowledge and drive continuous improvement across the Veeva Platform.
- Identify opportunities for operational efficiency through innovation and automation
- Measure and manage the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Value Realization (VR) of applications to ensure the value the business set out to achieve has been obtained. Document and provide the outcome to leadership. If results were not achieved, create an action plan to obtain the desired results.
- Analyze and evaluate systems for optimization or operational efficiency
- Lead continuous improvement effort assessing current use and intended use of the Veeva applications
- Capable of assessing end-to-end business processes to provide effective global solutions
- Responsible for maintaining system under change control and associated documentation
- Oversight of technical resources to ensure that application configuration meets business requirements and is consistent with IT standards
- Partner with Veeva to define additional opportunities and drive those opportunities to the platform, further enabling the Enterprise Veeva Platform model.
- Application Lifecycle Management - Develop and support a fully aligned and business-approved release management cycle incorporating Release impact assessments.
- Oversee and facilitate application-level steering committees with business partners to provide application governance including prioritization of enhancement requests.
- To facilitate Tri-Annual functional business reviews, to provide current portfolio status and to ensure technology roadmaps reflect current & future business needs.
- Facilitate the technology selection process, analyze the technology landscape, high level business requirements, scope & dependencies for functional area assignments, ie, Pharmacovigilance - Safety System,
- Assist the business with completing the project candidate and to support the value realization baseline development to identify measurable objectives for project justification
- If approved, support Project Request development, Scope, Financials, Resourcing, Timeline, Business Justification
- Support the handoff of approved projects to the IM PMO PM for delivery.
- Support the IM PMO PM in the successful delivery of projects (eg, support any business or vendor escalations)
- To facilitate application management, governance and communications to enhancement prioritization, technical review & feasibility, configuration, Release Management and to drive user adoption for strategic platform.
Education & Experience
- 10 years overall professional job experience.
- 5 years project management experience in Regulated/Life Sciences industry.
- 5 years professional experience with software or technology used on the job, including business application and/or platform implementation.
- 5 years experience with supporting compliant, commercial content and digital asset management, preferred
- 2-3 years supporting Veeva eTMF, Events, Promo Mats, &Safety System experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Technology, or related field
- Certification in Project Management preferred