Infrastructure Engineer - Contract - French and English Speaking
Posted on Jan 12, 2022 by Linksap Europe Ltd
We are currently recruiting for a Engineer for Infrastructure who would be responsible for maintaining the VMware, Storage, Servers and Hardware. The engineer would help in relocation of the inventory hardware equipment within the organisation's data center. The position will provide a fantastic opportunity to work in a global Infrastructure environment.
The main responsibilities would be:
- Support and maintain available storage services, backups/restores as well as related systems.
- Relocation of client data from array to array using migration and copy tools.
- Diagnose migration issues and copy tools bridging various other layers and their interactions with storage, virtualization, operating systems and applications.
- Perform system maintenance
- Update and maintain supported systems as necessary
- Administration, maintenance, configuration, and ongoing support of Virtual and Server infrastructure
- Support administration, maintenance, configuration of Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), HP and Dell Blade Server infrastructures.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of VMware vSphere and Microsoft Server technologies.
- Coordinate support escalation communication; participate in the development and maintenance of appropriate project technical documentation including design, configuration, and installation.
- Follows Change Management guidelines for implementing upgrades or operational changes.
The ideal candidate is able to multitask, speaks French and English, has strong analytical and problem-solving skills and has network attached storage knowledge, Windows File Share knowledge, server hardware, Cisco, Dell, HP or AMD/Intel, UNIX/Linux operating system knowledge, documentation tools and a proficiency in MS Office as well as data storage and backup concepts such as NAS, SAN, Backup utilities.
The contract is for 6 months with the potential to be extended.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and we will arrange a call with you.