Posted on Jan 11, 2022 by Planit Testing
Planit are world leaders in application testing and quality engineering. We provide solutions that support organisations to deliver high quality systems, applications, and IT architecture. Planit is now a proud NRI company and part of a global movement to deliver a sustainable and secure future through better Information Technology exchanges.
Our team offer expert consultancy, bespoke services, tailored training and unique solutions to complex projects. Specialising in digital quality, Planit have a geographic footprint across many continents, with 1400+ permanent employees and have been recognised in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Application Testing Services. Our Values and ethos are focused on an intrinsic connection to our people, the awareness of our environment and our pursuit to be better than yesterday. We continue to lead the industry with unrivalled ideas, ability, and a quest to discern paradigms.
About the role
Due to amazing growth, we have new opportunities for people like you, from intermediate engineers to senior consulting roles, competitive salary and benefits and of course working with the finest people.
Planit now offer a hybrid work from home model, and this means that our consultants can support our enterprise customers anywhere in the UK or around the world, from their living room. Travel within the UK may be required from time to time for on-site project support.
We are looking for experienced people who
- demonstrate a passion for performance
- have proven knowledge of leading cloud hosting platforms
- You understand the difference between client side and server-side performance
- can pick up new tools and techniques quickly
- don't do things the wrong way just because that's how it's always been done
- can confidently explain performance testing concepts to technical and non-technical clients
- can ask the right questions to produce performance test strategies, plans, and workload models
- don't just send the report generated by your performance test tool
- don't just 'record and replay'
- engineer your tests to find performance issues
- don't need a template to write a fantastic document
- have awesome communication skills and can present and articulate your results to different audiences
- understand how to capture key performance metrics and troubleshoot using monitoring tools
- have exposure to using DevOps tools for integrating performance feedback capture with continuous testing.
- Expert in at least one of the following tools: Microfocus LoadRunner, Apache JMeter, Tricentis NeoLoad - with JMeter desirable
- Experience in programming/scripting languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl, Python, SQL
- Proven performance testing experience across multiple platform architectures and technologies such as micro-services, REST APIs, AWS, Azure
- Experience working in Retail and/ or Ecommerce environments
- Able to analyse all available results and tools to diagnose performance outcomes
- Experience in implementation and analysis using APM tools such as New Relic, Dynatrace and AppDynamics
- Demonstrable experience in open source data visualisation tools such as R, Grafana
What's in it for you
- Great career development opportunities
- Opportunities to grow your skills vertically and horizontally. Choose how deep and wide you want to go
- A wide variety of clients, industries and projects - no two are the same
- Challenging engagements, something to really sink your teeth in
- Hybrid work model that provides flexibility
- Competitive salary and good benefits package
- Collaborative international team
Here you'll be supported through challenges and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We love working here and we think you will too.
So what are you waiting for? Apply today to take the next step in your career!
Planit is an equal opportunity employer. You do need to be currently living in the UK and have a legal right to work here. No agencies please
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£70k - £80k Annual
£40k - £48k Annual