IT Project Manager
Posted on Jan 11, 2022 by Responsive Search, Inc.
IT Project Manager:
The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable collaborating at all levels of the organization and is a strong communicator who keeps project stakeholders and Management informed of project progress, risks, and issues.
In this role, you will be interacting with various business units within the organization, including but not limited to: Account Operations, Procurement, Client Services, Warehouse Operations, Finance, and Talent Development. In addition, you will also be interacting with client teams and vendors as required by your projects.
Additionally, you embody the principles of Passion, Collaboration, Integrity, Inventiveness, and Proactivity. You will be part of a team that strives to provide excellent service and thought leadership to our clients and want to bring your best to the organization and see your work brought to life.
The Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with project stakeholders in confirming project scope and goals to develop project charters
- Define and adhere to the success criteria of projects
- Develop the plan and schedule for projects
- Track project progress against plan and budget
- Identify and manage risks to projects; develop mitigation strategy
- Communication with stakeholders and IT management to ensure projects keep aligned with goals
- Facilitate and participate in solutions design discussions
- Manage the assignment of tasks to resources and ensure that dependencies are properly identified
- Set target milestones and manage the plan to adhere to targets
- Adjust schedules and targets if needed but escalate issues to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Work with resource managers to ensure that resources with the proper skill sets required by projects are allocated and scheduled to align with project plans
- Deliver projects according to plan and conduct retrospectives
- Implement and maintain project documentation in an organized fashion
- Follow established standards and processes
- Serve as primary contact for project stakeholders, IT Management, Development Teams, and any other groups that require involvement in the project
- Motivate the team to ensure tasks are completed in time; identify any resource contention or project conflicts and escalate accordingly
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years project management experience
- Results-oriented & a self-starter
- Excellent communication & management skills
- Experience with project management methodologies including Scrum and Agile
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong leadership skills, including when under pressure, and teaching and mentoring skills
- Critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks effectively and efficiently, and prioritize multiple projects and requests
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of any of the following processes is preferred but not required: Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, eCommerce Ordering Process, Inventory Management
- Experience in any of the following industries is preferred: Consumer Product Goods (CPG), Beverages, Retail
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$180k - $200k Annual
$180k - $200k Annual
$190k - $200k Annual
$160k - $200k Annual
$120k - $150k Annual