Posted on Jan 11, 2022 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
BI Engineer/Mainly remote/1 day a week in office (EU nationals only)/6 months/Start ASAP
* The role is remote (1 day a week at the office). At the moment. Following Belgium laws this will change in near future. Ideally candidate is ready to come on site whenever possible.*
Description: Business Intelligence Specialist, focus Network Analytics
You will be part of the Business Intelligence team, focusing on Network Analytics.
* The objective of the team is to determine the sites where customers and prospects reside, where they are in need of connectivity (via mobile or fix network technologies), to map the current coverage and quality of the clients networks, and to guide future and evaluate past network investments. All analyses and reports aim to support the further roll out of our networks (VDSL, fiber, 4G, 5G, or fix-mobile convergent technologies ), as well as the Go-to- market activities towards our customers and prospects (both residential and professional).
* As BI Specialist, you will contribute to the build up of the necessary network data marts, to enable all such analyses and reports. For doing so, a good knowledge of using SQL on a relational databases (in case Teradata) is required, as well as some experience in working in a Business Intelligence environment. Potentially data from other BigData sources (Hadoop file systems) need to integrated in the developments, some knowledge of data science technologies (python, Spark) is a plus.
* For data inflow, you will collaborate with the DataWarehouse & Data Governance team, as well as with other BI teams, to follow up on new data delivery requests, to validate the quality of new data, to know the standard way of working on DataWarehouse, as well as best practices.
* For data outflow, you will combine your technical skills with business acumen, and build constructive relationships with our internal customers, providing them with the necessary analyses and reports they need to run the business. You will need to understand their needs, as well as the value our data can have for them, in order to also pro-actively propose some outputs of interest. Specifically for network analytics, the geographical dimension is important, that is, data need to be queried and visualised geospatially.
Degree & Experience:
* You have a university degree (or equally by experience) in economics, IT, applied sciences, quantitative analysis and you have some years of experience in an analytical business environment.
* You have a very good knowledge of SQL (Oracle/Teradata) and Database Management which you can apply in a Business Intelligence environment.
* You are familiar with the telecom world, and with GIS (Geographical Information Systems).
* You are able to work with lots of data from different source systems. You understand technical constraints and possibilities, and you know where the added value for business is to be found.
* Knowledge of Big Data tools (Hadoop, Hive, Python, Spark)
* Managing geospatial querying, and knowledge of different coordinate-systems (Lambert, WGS84).
* Experience in Unix/Linux or Shell Scripting
* You are fluent in English (both written/spoken) and preferably in one of the official languages of Belgium (Dutch and/or French)