C++/C# Software Engineer
Posted on Jan 10, 2022 by Broadstream Solutions
C++/C# Software Engineer
BroadStream Solutions, Inc ( ) is a media and broadcast automation company with locations in the US, UK, Croatia and India. We are founded on the values of Integrity, Respect and Be Your Best. We operate in a "no blame" culture where everyone is welcome and has a voice at the table.
We specialize in flexible, highly scalable solutions for integrated playout, live automated captioning & subtitling, file-based captioning & subtitling, caption encoding and subtitling software tools. Our solutions are used world-wide by broadcasters from single channel operators to operations scaling to 50+ channels. Content Preparation, Playout, Management, Live and File-Based Automated Captioning and Subtitling solutions that improve workflow efficiency for broadcasters at every level. Solutions are available in SD, HD, and IP as well as SD/HD-SDI and SDI/IP hybrid playout configurations to provide a solid migration path to future technologies, including cloud implementations.
Zagreb, Croatia or the United Kingdom, our office is in Ipswich.
Job Opportunity and Responsibilities
We are seeking a C++ or C# Software Engineer (m/f).
The person in this position will work on maintenance and optimization of current modules and on research, development and deployment of new modules. Focus is on current and future broadcast technologies, such as streaming, watermarking, SDI over IP, automatic speech recognition applications, closed captioning, DVB subtitling.
What We Look for:
- Analytical thinking, well developed capacity for abstract thinking, structured and systematic approach to complex tasks
- Self-confidence, self-acting, yet team-oriented with good communication skills, curiosity and a passion to learn new things.
- Strong customer and result orientation
- Willing to travel (occasionally)
- Speak fluent English
- Strong knowledge of object orientation and agile methodologies
- Expert knowledge in Visual Studio C++, COM objects and C++/C# interoperability
- Knowledge of versioning control software (SVN, Git, Mercurial)
- Knowledge of Broadcast related terminology and standards is a plus (SMPTE 2110, SCTE-35 / 104, CEA-608 / 708, Teletext, Line21, EBU-TT, SMPTE 291M, DVB video / subtitles, video encoders/decoders MPEG, MOV, H264, H265, TS ISO-13818)
- Knowledge of Cloud related terminology and technology is a plus (Azure, AWS, DevOps)
- C#, .NET, .NET Core, Delphi and Borland C++ is a plus
- Part of a dynamic team of experts working on international projects with innovative technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Great working environment
- Flexible work from home policy
Interested in joining our diverse team?