Ecologist/Senior Ecologist (Terrestrial)
Posted on Jan 10, 2022 by Affric (The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Ecologist/Senior Ecologist (Terrestrial)
Competitive salary, aligned to experience
Affric Limited, successful and ambitious business based in the North of Scotland. Affric provide professional environmental consultancy services, from feasibility to decommissioning to a range of sectors. Affric has a small, focused team which provides a friendly supportive working environment.
The role will be based primarily in the energy and infrastructure sectors providing ecology input as part of multidisciplinary teams to deliver projects from initial feasibility through planning, procurement, construction, operation and in some instances, to decommissioning. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of Scottish terrestrial ecology and an understanding of the construction sector. They will be responsible for delivering tasks safely and timely to the required standards. Given the dynamic nature of our client's operations, flexible working will be necessary, but this can be arranged to the benefit of the candidate, client and business alike.
The starting position (Ecologist/Senior Ecologist) and salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's previous experience. Future progression is not limited and will be determined by performance. Relevant training opportunities to provide personal and professional development are available and encouraged.
The role will include, but is not limited to:
• Specifying ecological surveys;
• Carrying out ecological surveys (aligned to candidate's specialism);
• Authoring reports;
• Proposing mitigation plans;
• Applying for protected species licences;
• Inputting to HRA Pre-screening reports;
• Inputting to EIA chapters; and
• Providing ECoW support.
The successful candidate will be based in the Affric Office near Inverness (note COVID home working arrangements may apply) but will be expected to travel to meet client's needs; this may include working away for a few days or more at a time.
Qualifications / Experience
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years work experience, a can-do attitude, a practical mindset and be able to fit in with the team and be able to work on their own initiative. They will also:
• Have degree (equivalent or higher) in in an ecological or related subject;
• Be working towards or have an appropriate Institute Membership e.g. CIEEM;
• Be able to complete extended phase 1 habitat surveys;
• Have advanced field skills in one or more specialist areas;
• Ideally have or be working towards at least one protected species licence;
• Bring a good working knowledge and understanding of Scottish wildlife legislation;
• Have strong report writing and communication skills;
• Hold an appropriate CSCS card and other applicable safety qualifications e.g. First Aid;
• Hold a Full, clean UK manual driving license; and
• Ideally have experience of undertaking an Environmental/ecological Clerk of Works role.
Benefits of Working for us:
• We are a close-knit, friendly and supportive team, with a supportive office atmosphere;
• External and internal training provided;
• 25 days annual leave plus public holidays;
• Pension scheme;
• Payment of professional membership fees; and
• Flexible working options and a healthy work-life balance are encouraged.
How to Apply
Please provide Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing your key skills, aspirations, and salary expectations to info(at)affriclimited.co.uk.
The selection process will take account of relevant COVID-19 restrictions and guidance, hence details of current location and access to MS Teams or Zoom should be highlighted in your cover letter, to allow appropriate arrangements to be made.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£11 - £11 Hourly
£21 - £41 Hourly