Posted on Jan 10, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Associate, Linux Administration/DevOps
Looking for a candidate with: Linux RedHat, AWS, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, CI/CD, DevOps and VMWare
*Open to sponsorship must have at least two years left
*Hybrid 2 days in office 3 days remote
What We Offer
- A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
- A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
- Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
- Generous PTO and Parental leave
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
Under supervision, perform activities and team leadership required to support a large, complex Linux based computing environment and an increasing transition to Linux infrastructure in AWS. Assist in driving infrastructure as code mentality throughout the organization and demonstrate a passion for automation concepts and tools. Utilize customer service skills while acting as a technical resource to internal departments and system users. Use technical skills to proactively put scripts and documentation in place to comply with current standards.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux operating systems, Linux shells and standard utilities, and common Linux security tools
- In depth system administration knowledge and skills for RedHat Linux. Knowledge of Amazon Linux is a plus.
- Experience with using Github or other version control tools for source code management
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible and container tools such as Docker
- Ability to write and maintain automation code and scripts and IaaS/Infrastructure as code, such as Terraform
- Familiarity with DevOps activities and using CICD pipeline software to deploy code
- Working knowledge of cloud components and services in AWS or Azure.
- System administration experience and knowledge of VMware and administration of virtual Servers
- Grub, PXE boot, Kickstart
- Yum, rpms, Satellite server
- SVM, LVM, Boot from SAN, UFS/ZFS, filesystem configuration
- General working knowledge of NAS, SAN, and networking
- Experience with Github, Ansible, Jenkins and Terraform tools/applications
- Knowledge or experience with DevOps, OpenShift, AWS cloud, or other similar technologies is desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three or more years' experience in Linux systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of physical and virtualized Servers
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.