Lead Performance Test Engineer
Posted on Jan 10, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Lead Performance Test Engineer. Candidate will be a senior level Test Engineer specializing in performance testing, supporting several product teams across a customer-facing suite of products. They are a technical leader in the organization and support multiple Performance Test Engineers, providing direction and leadership on performance test strategy, script execution, and test automation framework/tools. The Lead Performance Test Engineer sets the performance testing strategy, designs, and implements test automation architecture and designs, modifies, and enhances the test automation framework. They ensure consistent best-practice based approaches to performance testing and coordinate performance testing activity among all employees and contract resources. The Lead Performance Test Engineer is a self-starter that identifies and tackles issues proactively, with minimal direction from leadership. They also serve as a coach and mentor to Performance Test Engineers, assisting in solving problems and providing input to technical development planning.
- Define and implement web and mobile application performance test strategy that enables and supports Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Work across multiple teams to ensure the test strategy is implemented and followed consistently, providing technical and strategic leadership around performance testing automation
- Collaborate with delivery partners, developers, and testing resources to build integrated CICD pipelines
- Consult and provide direction on test environment issues, act as SME for external environment team communications
- Advocate for quality across the enterprise mentoring and leading junior team members to influence quality across all areas including development, business, product management etc.
- Assess products within area of responsibility and lead teams to anticipate and prevent potential issues, articulate dependencies to the stakeholders
- Work alongside Dev and Test Architect to troubleshoot production issues and come up with remediation plans for performance issues to help maintain high application availability.
- Lead Performance Test Engineers support local delivery teams through:
- Backfilling performance engineering resources when necessary; engaging in all Performance Test activity.
- Provide support for Esurance and DSSMT VTCs with Performance Analytics activities using Performance Testing tools.
- Continue supporting and provide guidance with Mobile Performance testing
- Support team's skill development, helping identify development needs and providing coaching
- 5+ years experience in application performance testing.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise application architecture and technologies including web and web services.
- Experience developing and implementing performance test strategy based on best practice and including typical performance testing approaches: load generation, bottleneck analysis, usage of modelling tools and statistical analysis.
- Experience with key performance test tools including LoadRunner/HP Performance Center, Jmeter, FileZilla, Dyna Trace, DataDog, or equivalent
- Practical experience with at least one of the following: Java, C#, Python, .NET, Selenium, UFT, SQL
- Experience utilizing automation tools (eg Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven, TestNG).
- Experience with monitoring solutions and KPIs used to determine application availability and performance.
- Experience creating load test scripts with AjaxTruClient, Web (Http/HTML), Webservices.
- Well versed in using the reporting/analysis engine for reporting on and correlating system-level events with the impact on the end user experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Splunk, Fiddler, IBM Heap Analyzer, Jprob or equivalent
- Experience using test management tools (eg VersionOne, HPQC, Jira Zephyr)
- Experience utilizing automation tools (eg Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven, TestNG)
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (eg Git, TFS, RTC)
- Web Service Testing Tool (eg RestAPI)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$120k - $150k Annual
$125k - $140k Annual
$180k - $220k Annual