Solution Architect - Cards, Payments, API, Digital
Posted on Jan 10, 2022 by Finrec
Solution Architect - Digital Payments
World leader in Financial Services and Payments Innovation require a Solutions Architect/Technical Consultant within the Digital Platforms team.
Building cutting-edge, next-gen. tokenized payments products delivered on a global scale.
Java, REST, API, Microservices, E-commerce, Cloud, Tokenization, EMV, Cards, Payments, Issuing, Acquiring, Transaction Processing, Authorizations, ISO 8583, nexo, ISO 20022, NFC/Contactless, Wearables, Open Banking, Open APIs, Digital Banking, Digital Payments, Mobile Payments
- Working closely with Technical Program Managers, Software Design Engineers, User Experience, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements, the specifications, the user experience, and the API strategy for platform building blocks they own.
- Use the Working Backwards process, which is all about fleshing out the concept and achieving clarity of thought about what will ultimately be built.
- Decompose the requirements into user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and defining the acceptance criteria.
- Look beyond the current project to become experts in their domain. They feed engineering a well-groomed and backlog of user stories.
- Encourage re-use of their building blocks and continuously innovate on behalf of internal and external customers. As new capabilities are required, they will define its place in the platform ecosystem and write/prioritize the user stories to build the new block.
- When commercialization opportunities are identified for their building blocks, they will tee up ideas to the product development teams for further development.
All about you:
- Like to dive deep into the operational characteristics of the product
- Demonstrated ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy
- Experience defining and building cloud-native software products as a platform at scale
- Proven track record of data driven decision making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across your team
- Can debate the product merits with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers to make the right trade-off decisions
- Experience in agile delivery methodologies (scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
- Ensures features and documentation are clear and easily consumable by engineering teams.
- Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, partnering with and influencing teams while commanding the respect of the individuals on the team
- Payments expertise a huge plus
- BS/MBA in related discipline.
- 5-7 years product development experience
Nice to haves:
BACS, CHAPS, SWIFT, SWIFTgpi, SEPA, ACH, FPS, IPS, P27, PIPS, FEDWIRE NACHA, Open Banking, PSD2, ISO 20022
EFT/POS, ATMs, EMV (Chip &Pin), HCE (Tokenisation), SecureElement, ETSI, GlobalPlatform, ISO 8583, nexo, ISO 20022 APACS, PCI:DSS, SEPA, ZKA, Base24, Base24-eps, Postilion, Cardpac, Paysys, VisionPlus, Tsys, CTL Prime, Contactless/NFC, Mobile Payments, Mobile Remittance, M-pesa, Fuel Cards/IFSF standards, Smart Cards etc.