Application Support Engineer - Linux/Unix
Posted on Jan 7, 2022 by IO Associates
We are seeking an experienced IT professional that has demonstrable experience supporting bespoke applications, particularly in the Banking & Finance services sector.
The Application Support Engineer you will have experience working primarily on and supporting Linux/Unix systems, you will support the wider infrastructure and its applications.
The client is one of the largest Reporting & Analytics companies in world, the business has a hybrid working model across home/office located in Zurich.
Salary is excellent, of 120-130CHf + a 20% bonus + great benefits
Below is the technical environment, what's most important is experience of Application Support:
- Required strong experience of working on UNIX and Windows systems, SQL, Fix protocol, Messaging queues, etc
- Required good ability to dig and understand applications logs, exceptions and errors generated by the system. (splunk or alternative)
- Hands on experience of ITIL tools like ServiceNow, JIRA, Confluence, GIT, SVN.
- Understanding of different exchanges, exchange connectivity and its working.
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
If this is something you'd like to hear more about, please do get in touch with your Resume
* to note you must have the correct right to work in place for Switzerland.*