Deployment Specialist PUPPET (SC desired) - 10 months initial - EU-agency client - onsite The Hague
Posted on Jan 6, 2022 by infom consulting GmbH
We currently have a vacancy for one Deployment Specialist with Puppet to offer his/her services within a European agency (client) in The Hague to start ASAP ( Feb-March 2022 ) a 10-12 months contract (initial) in an EN-speaking environment. Extensions are possible, longterm perspective.
Our client is an international Organisation and a great reference in any CV.
We currently have a vacancy for one"Deployment Specialist with Puppet expert" to offer his/her services within a European agency (client) in THE HAGUE (100% ON-SITE) to start ASAP ( Feb-March 2022 ) a 10-12 months contract (initial) in an EN-speaking environment. Extensions are possible, longterm perspective. EU-SC desired!
EU nationals ONLY (due to the "EU" security certifications required). We can't accept any longer UK-consultants, as long they don't have EU-CONFIDENTIAL clearance or another EU-citizenship.
- Our client is an international organisation and a great reference in any CV! English speaking environment.
- The start might be off-site because of Corona for some weeks (tbc), but then the position will be 100% on-site in THE HAGUE.
- This is a real longterm contract with possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability.
- EU nationals ONLY (due to the "EU" security certifications required). We can't accept any longer UK-consultants, as long they don't have EU-scurity-clearance or another EU-citizenship (after Brexit the UK-consultant can't get any longer "EU" security clearances, which is mandatory for this position).
- A Security clearance (SC) will be required for this position, if you don't have a valid SC, we will guide you. Our company is holding "FSC - Facility Security Clearance", so we are able to guide/sponsor you through the "PSC - Personal Security Clearance" procedure.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Plan, test and develop infrastructure and application automation
- Implement automated deployment and configuration
- Support day-to-day activities of deploying Servers and applications
- Support continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Establish and maintain procedures to the deployment of information systems
- Monitor and maintain the supporting configuration management infrastructure
- Advise the Institution for installed and future product portfolio related to Configuration Management
- Technical review, assurance and design for deployment
- Prototyping of deployment in sandbox (manual steps)
- Automation of the deployment process steps in the agreed technology stack (Puppet, Linux, Windows, RPM, etc.)
- Writing of technical documentation related to release management
- Involvement in all the steps of release management (release promotion, release packaging, release deployment, etc.)
- High Level consultancy for infrastructure solutions in the scope of the contract
- Solution oriented market watch on new technologies in the sector of the contract
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in IT or related field with a minimum of 9 years of professional ICT experience (eg as developer, system administrator, software engineer, infrastructure engineer, DevOps engineer, etc.)
Specific Technical requirements for the role:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in an international/multi-cultural environment
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with systems and IT operations
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Puppet based configuration management design/architecture, development/configuration and deployment/administration, preferably on Red Hat 7+
- Participation in a minimum of 3 projects involving Puppet based solutions on Linux/Unix (or equivalent experience - large projects)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Linux/Unix Administration, preferably Red Hat 7+
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with Kubernetes
- Participation in a minimum of 2 projects involving server automation (deployment) and standardization through Scripting (eg Powershell, Python, Bash, etc.)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with an Agile methodology
- Excellent knowledge of DevOps principles and best practices (continuous delivery, continuous integration, continuous deployment, use of automation to improve efficiency, feedback loops, fail fast, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Puppet based configuration management design/architecture, development/configuration and deployment/administration
- Good knowledge of cloud computing, containerisation and Kubernetes concepts
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with Terraform or Ansible
- Certification: RHCSA/RHCE
- Certification: Kubernetes (eg Certified Kubernetes Administrator, Certified Kubernetes Application Developer, etc.)
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English is required (B2).
Award & Others
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described.
- Place of Work: 100% on-site
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- The proposed consultant(s) will be requested to present a Certificate of Good conduct required at start of the project and no later than 4 months after the start of the services, a security clearance (SC) level EU Confidential, this will be good for future opportunities in the SC-niche-market!
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.