Senior Associate Linux Administrator
Posted on Jan 6, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Associate, Linux Administration
SELLING POINTS: Linux RedHat AWS Puppet Chef Ansible Docker CICD DevOps VMWare
*Open to sponsorship must have at least two years left
*Hybrid 2 days in office 3 days remote
What We Offer
- A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
- A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
- Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
- Generous PTO and Parental leave
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex Linux computing environment, including both virtualized and physical Servers
- Create and Patch AMIs, perform pull requests, write Automation code
- Perform Linux administration including changes, deletes, disk space management, application installation, and backup
- Use your infrastructure and networking knowledge to maintain cloud-based infrastructure predominantly on AWS involving EC2, S3, RDS & VPC
- Use configuration management tools (primarily Ansible and Terraform) to build and maintain a hybrid infrastructure hosted both at colocation facilities and in the public cloud.
- Work directly with the development team to build supporting infrastructure for specific new application functionality.
- Run proof of concept projects on early-stage infrastructure improvements to validate the feasibility of an approach, evaluate performance, and spike an implementation.
- Review and evaluate virtual and physical server performance and capacity
- Forecast system demands and recommends upgrades, expansions and reconfigurations
- Perform automated computing environment builds, site setup, user training, hardware/software installation, maintenance and support and documentation of operating procedures and processes
- Support VMware environment including changes, adding/removing systems, and disk space management.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, takes appropriate corrective action and/or interact with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support, server recovery, and troubleshooting functions.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Good consultative, communication, analytical, and judgment skills
- Ability to work effectively with clients, technical staff, consultants and vendors
- Ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines
- Experience with disaster recovery testing and creating technical documentation
- Ability to communicate well and perform as part of a team located in multiple cities
- Extensive knowledge of Linux operating systems, Linux shells and standard utilities, and common Linux security tools
- In depth system administration knowledge and skills for RedHat Linux. Knowledge of Amazon Linux is a plus.
- Experience with using Github or other version control tools for source code management
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible and container tools such as Docker
- Ability to write and maintain automation code and scripts and IaaS/Infrastructure as code, such as Terraform
- Familiarity with DevOps activities and using CICD pipeline software to deploy code
- Working knowledge of cloud components and services in AWS or Azure.
- System administration experience and knowledge of VMware and administration of virtual Servers
- Grub, PXE boot, Kickstart
- Yum, rpms, Satellite server
- SVM, LVM, Boot from SAN, UFS/ZFS, filesystem configuration
- General working knowledge of NAS, SAN, and networking
- Experience with Github, Ansible, Jenkins and Terraform tools/applications
- Knowledge or experience with DevOps, OpenShift, AWS cloud, or other similar technologies is desirable
- Bachelor's degree
- Three or more years' experience in Linux systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of physical and virtualized Servers