Posted on Jan 6, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Company is currently seeking a VMware Engineer. Candidate will be responsible for the overall Virtualization environment design, support, and automation. The role will provide operational support for the existing and future Virtualization and computing and VDI architectures. Responsibilities also include designing solutions to support existing and future services and enhance security posture.
- Supports UCS - VMWare environment
- Supports VXRail VDI environment
- Develop baselines, evaluate, and remediate Vulnerabilities and security findings.
- Meet with Business, IT and Security Leaders to develop requirements and communicate changes to the environment
- Challenge the status quo with new ideas and drive innovation in the Virtualization environment
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
- Automate processes in the VMWare environment
- Troubleshoots production problems like performance, and runtime issues within the virtualization environment
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application integration and testing tools
- Provide Disaster Recovery testing support
- Provide on-call support according to assigned schedule
- Document changes, policies and procedures and drawings
- Contribute to projects of various sizes and schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent presentation skills including planning, material preparation and public speaking
- Clear, concise and precise written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with people of various backgrounds
- Negotiation skills including listening and persuasion
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, project management and mentoring skills
- Strong ability to use solution-oriented approach towards problem resolution
- Ability to work independently and with a team, be a team player
- Advanced technical knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies like Horizon, vROPS, SDDC Manager, VSAN, SRM, vRA, vRO etc.
- Expertise in architecting, configuring, and supporting Cisco UCS systems
- Experience working in Hyper Converged (VxRail) based technologies and develop solutions accordingly.
- Expertise or establish optimized virtual environments for giant database cluster builds such as DB2 and Microsoft SQL on VMware platform
- Strong technical ability to manage orchestration aspects through API scripts and tools, enabling a consistent methodology across UCS platform
- Develop automation solutions including Infrastructure as Code approach to establish and maintain automated, integrated and continuous deployments
- Ensure Infrastructure operations are effective and optimally established and supported across all layers including server, storage, backup, monitoring, patching services and monitoring
- Knowledge and Experience in Cloud computing, VCF and VMWare in Cloud
- Familiar with using PowerCLI/Powershell to manage a VMware Environment
- Capacity planning/tracking
- Familiar with storage concepts (replication, Fiber Channel, NFS, VMFS)
- Experience with developing Disaster Recovery strategies and work with other teams within the organization and external teams to execute scheduled DR tests.
- Review and recommend alternative technologies and improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals and present to senior management.
- Excellent team player and mentor other team members as required. Help other team members to succeed.
- Create documentation (like run books) for the developed procedures and best practices.
- Lead troubleshooting and recovery efforts during outages or complex issues including but not limited to performance, functionality issues etc.
- Handle tasks/projects independently and complete within given timelines.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years VMWare and Cisco UCS experience
- Minimum 1 year of hyper-converged VXRail experience
Cloud computing and Converged environment experience is a plus