Packaging Manager - Overnight shift 8pm - 4am
Posted on Jan 6, 2022 by Izzio Artisan Bakery
The Packaging Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the packaging department to ensure accurate, effective and efficient performance of the packaging line.
· Schedule planning and staffing
· Manage daily operations of the packing department.
· Knowledgeable of commercial packaging of multiple bakery products, not just a single line operation.
· Analyze packaging line performance.
· Lead projects to better enhance quality, line speed, and overall packaging performance.
· Comply with safety and quality assurance standards, including maintaining daily documentation.
· A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a similar position (supervisory or lead role) overseeing packaging operations of food/bakery products.
· Prior experience managing a team of employees, preferably in a bakery/food processing facility.
· Hands on management style, this position is expected to work alongside employees in the packaging line while also overseeing the department.
· Ability to work late night shifts, weekends and holidays.
· Spoken and written English proficiency. Bilingual English/Spanish.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions
· In this position there is a lot of walking, standing and bending.
· Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
· There is exposure to extreme temperatures (cold and hot).
· There is exposure to dust and food allergens.
· Personal protective Equipment is available upon request but is not required for this position.
· Lifting 50 pounds frequently. All Lifts over 50 Pounds require assisted lifting
· All machines are equipped with Protective guards. All safety protocols must be followed.
We require COVID-19 vaccination. Employees that require a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or religious practice, as protected by ADA and EEOC, must request that during the new hire onboarding process. HR will provide information on the interactive process.