Java 8 Streaming Engineer/12+ month Remote contract
Posted on Jan 5, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a Java 8 Streaming Engineer. Candidate will architect, design and build streaming solution(s) as part of a Risk Based set of systems. Candidate will be a major contributor in the development of scalable resilient hybrid Cloud-based distributed computing solutions, supporting critical financial risk management activities, and will help in the transformation of the enterprise into a data-driven organization.
The role is for someone with experience in cloud development, having the ability to design large scale micro services based streaming solution(s). Further, this person should have hands on technical skills in creating prototype(s) and in setting right standards around software development practices.
- 7-10+ years of technical experience building newly configured, and designed data-centric software solutions
- Advance level knowledge and use of Java 8+ w/experience using Multithreading, Collections, Streams API and functional programming, working on real enterprise projects.
- Minimum of one year working to in develop cloud native streaming applications using Kafka, Kafka Streams and Sprint Boot.
- Hands-on experience with any high speed distributed computing frameworks such as AWS EMR, Hadoop, HDFS, S3, MapReduce, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink etc.
- Hands-on experience with one of these distributed data stores; HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, AWS Dynamo DB
- Some hands-on experience with a distributed message broker, such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Hands-on experience with AWS foundational services like VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI and IAM etc. and experience with Big Data architectures and BI solutions
- Intermediate working knowledge of DevOps tools Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Nexus/Artifactory and CI/CD pipeline etc.
- Comprehensive debugging and troubleshooting skills, resourcefulness and strong researching skills