Senior Site Reliability Engineer SRE
Posted on Jan 5, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Company is currently seeking a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer. Candidate will support the availability and performance of the next generation of Cloud Platform. Enhance system reliability and developer productivity through automation. Provide guidance to development teams in the areas of cloud technologies, application profiling and monitoring, logging, metrics collection and analysis.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Collaborate with development, operations and infrastructure teams to ensure availability of services, and to work through implementation issues.
- Develop automation for incident response and to prevent problem recurrence
- Create and enhance runbooks to respond to service outages or degradations
- Assess the production readiness of services
- Define and track operational metrics for production performance, reliability, scalability and availability
- Develop and maintain shared services and tools to improve reliability and reduce toil across the organization
- Contribute to the teams continuous improvement through research, retrospectives, discussion groups, code reviews and create stories for the sprint backlog
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Able to succeed in fast-paced environment with frequent changes
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience managing infrastructure in public cloud environments like AWS (preferred), Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience providing visibility using monitoring and alerting tools like Splunk, SignalFx, AppDynamics, Datadog, StackDriver, Sysdig, Prometheus or Grafana
- Programming/Scripting experience in languages like Java, Bash, Python or Go
- Experience with distributed messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ, or ActiveMQ
- Experience with container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm or Rancher
- Experience with using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, Travis, Harness, Spinnaker, Appveyor, CodeBuild or CodePipeline.
- Bachelors or Masters Degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Site Reliability Engineering/DevOps