Payroll Compliance Auditor
Posted on Jan 5, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
PAYROLL COMPLIANCE AUDITOR
SALARY: $60K - $70K
LOCATION: West Chicago, IL
SELLING POINTS: They have 450 companies to Audit payroll and employee benefits some occasional travel local to the companies
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with analysing and reviewing payroll, tax, and personnel records to determine employer compliance with collective bargaining agreements. This position requires occasional travel to employer offices.
- Comprehend complex contracts and collective bargaining agreements
- Perform payroll audits of contributing employers. Payroll audits are to be made of all employers on a random basis, with the goal of auditing all employers over a three-year cycle. The Trustees may also require a payroll audit on a specific and non-random basis if they conclude that there is a basis for doing so.
- Attend Board of Trustees meetings
- Provide assistance in litigation for the collection of delinquent contributions, which may include deposition testimony, trial testimony and discovery assistance.
- Provide assistance in any DOL, IRS or other governmental agency investigations of the Funds pertaining to payroll audits and delinquencies.
- Must have excellent reading, writing, and math skills
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be able to understand contracts
- 2-3 years of experience in audit, payroll and or employee benefits plans
- Exceptional customer service communication skill
- Must be able to work alone