Senior Cloud Engineer - Containerization
Posted on Jan 5, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Cloud Engineer - CONTAINERIZATION (100% REMOTE)
SALARY: $110k - $130k plus 10% bonus
Looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer candidate with containerization focus. You will have experience with deployments in cloud and concepts around microservices, API management, autoscaling, CI/CD pipelines and cloud native Scripting.
A Sr Cloud Engineer ensures the planning, selection, build, and operationalizing of high-quality cloud solutions that meet defined and emerging business capability needs in a cost-effective way. Partners with IT Security Analysts and Enterprise Architects to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards. Ensures that systems are maintained and supported to run effectively in production. With a strong focus on Containerization and application modernization.
This position can be 100% remote or a hybrid work schedule from our corporate offices in Bloomington IL, Alpharetta GA, or Minneapolis MN.
- Plans, builds, implements, and supports IT cloud solutions. Including, deployment automation, networking, Firewalls, load balancing, integration with WAN and cloud authentication services.
- Ensure IT cloud solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate. Including Tanzu Cloud Foundry (PCF), Azure IaaS, PaaS, & CaaS (AKS), as well as vSphere experience.
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to implement cloud native solutions. In particular cloud-based PaaS solutions and Kubernetes containers, including infrastructure components such as ingress, persistent storage and network policy.
- Establishing cloud adoption plans and work with business stakeholders to translate requirements into application solutions.