Lead Automation Testing Engineer/Architect
Posted on Jan 5, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
* Role is Remote*
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Lead Automation Testing Engineer/Architect. Candidate provides oversight and guidance across quality control automation throughout the organization and focuses on the creation/execution of automated test scripts on medium to high complexity projects. Candidate will provide direction and leadership on test strategy, script execution, test automation framework and test environment design, designs and implements test automation architecture and designs, modifies and enhances the test automation framework.
- Define and implement a test strategy that enables and supports a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline and work across multiple teams to ensure the test strategy is implemented and followed
- Provide technical and strategic leadership around automation and maintain high complexity modifications to test automation architecture and functional, mobile, performance or web-services framework
- Collaborate with delivery partners and developers to build solutions on testing and automation to achieve CI/CD
- Consult and provide direction on test environment issues; act as SME for external environment team communications
- Quality advocate across the enterprise - mentoring and leading junior team members to influence quality across all areas including development, business, product management etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels internal and external to their team
- Decision maker and problem solver across all teams influencing strategies and technologies for best practice
- Assess areas across the enterprise and lead teams to anticipate and prevent potential issues and articulate dependencies to the stakeholders
- Participate in Scrum Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities - prepared to take on any role within an Agile team and participate in Sprint planning, release planning and backlog refinement, retrospectives
- Selenium with Java (ETAP framework), Python (PyTest framework), Mobile Testing (Selenium).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- *The manager is looking for the following required skills demonstrated in the body of the resume; Selenium with Java (ETAP framework), Python (PyTest framework), Mobile Testing (Selenium).
- Experience constructing test plans and executing these plans across functional, regression and system testing and a solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Practical experience with at least one of the following areas: Java, C#, Python, .NET, Selenium, UFT, SQL
- Experience using test management tools (eg HPQC, Jira - Zephyr)
- Experience utilizing automation tools (eg Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven, TestNG)
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (eg Git, TFS, RTC)
- Practical experience in at least one of the following areas: Web service testing, Performance testing, Continuous integration
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Web Services in relation to software testing
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience mentoring/teaching junior team members
- Strong communication & analytical skills