ESG Consultant - Real Estate
Posted on Jan 5, 2022 by Lewis Davey
Lewis Davey is exclusively supporting JLL as they look to recruit several hires into their Upstream Sustainability Service line as they continue through a period of rapid expansion. We're delighted to be recruiting a Sustainability / ESG Consultant to work largely with real estate investors advising on and implementing ESG strategy. Whilst this is a consultancy role, these are mandates clients so the successful incumbent will work very closely with clients similar to a how a secondee would.
For more details or to apply, please contact the Lewis Davey recruitment team in the first instance.
About Upstream Sustainability Services, JLL
Our Team, Upstream Sustainability Services, is the UK sustainability consultancy practice within JLL, the global professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We use our leading sustainability expertise to support, challenge and inspire our people and clients within the real estate sector to create a prosperous economy, a flourishing society and a healthy environment. You can see our track record and our ambitions at: . The opportunity to work with us will provide you with exposure to high-profile clients and highly engaging and supportive colleagues.
If you're looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. As a Fortune 500 company, working across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 80,000 individuals, the firm helps organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
At JLL, you'll have a chance to innovate with the world's leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You'll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you'll be inspired by the best. We're focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions - join us at JLL.
We are looking for a Consultant for the Upstream Sustainability Services Business line.
Our services begin with helping clients to define compelling visions, create leading strategies and develop challenging targets. Upstream then partners with our clients through implementation - from managing risk, ensuring compliance, driving improvements in environmental performance, managing socio-economic impacts and ensuring clients capture the opportunities sustainability has to offer.
What this job involves
The opportunity to work with us will provide you with exposure to the practical implementation of sustainable property and ESG strategies, working with high-profile clients. The role will involve delivering strategies and the strategic sustainability implementation programmes for our investor and listed REIT clients with operations across the EMEA region. The activities will be highly varied from board-level advice, portfolio environmental performance measurement, carbon footprinting, communications and reporting, risk assessments and practical asset advice.
Our expectation is that you are as passionate about sustainability as we are; that you are committed to always exceeding your clients' expectations and that you are able to demonstrate your excellent strategic thinking, team-working, communication, analytical and project management skills.
What this job involves
- Supporting the Account Manager to take a client through the strategy development and implementation journey, through well-crafted and managed action plans, and bringing the strategy to life through engagement.
- Building a strong working relationship with client property and sustainability teams through the provision of accurate and timely advice and deliverables.
- Project management of the delivery of a number of client projects, ensuring a professional relationship and the effective delivery of sustainability services to time and budget.
- Contributing to the development of our biodiversity service
- Managing reporting and GRESB-submission projects
- Working in a rigorous manner to deliver accurate, high quality, engaging and client-ready outputs.
- Contribute to information and knowledge management systems.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have:
- Relevant degree and/or masters or equivalent work experience- e.g. in sustainability, environment, economics, etc
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Experience in developing and implementing ambitious sustainability strategies and programmes with ideally a consultancy background
- Ability to use and oversee excel-based tools for property environmental performance data analysis purposes (energy, water, waste, carbon)
- Proven project management experience and excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy, in written, visual and numeric work
- Personable character with an ability to foster good working relationships and good experience of leading individuals or small teams
- Ability to obtain buy-in and engagement from employees at all levels
- Experience in presenting to employees at all levels
- Passionate about supporting business making a step change from business as usual
- Good awareness of a broad range of corporate social and environmental sustainability programmes, including areas such as GRESB or other ESG benchmarks, and carbon reporting
- Experience of working with corporate clients and / or in commercial property
- Language ability (European languages) would be beneficial but not essential
What you can expect from us
You'll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together - across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, JLL strives to contribute to the lasting values for clients, employees, shareholders, communities and our industry. Everything we do today should work towards Building a Better Tomorrow. Click here to learn more about JLL's D&I commitment
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We'll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Locations: Warwick Street, London with some remote working