Senior Digital Communications Officer
Posted on Jan 5, 2022 by Chance to Shine
Job Title - Senior Digital Communications Officer
Department - Communications
Salary - £28,000-£30,000 per annum depending on experience
Contract Type - Permanent (Full Time)
Benefits - 8% non-contributary pension, private medical healthcare, life insurance, 25 days annual leave FTE (with additional non-contractual time at Christmas when the office is closed), season ticket loan scheme
Location - London Office, The Kia Oval, London SE11 5SW
Reporting to - Head of Communications and Digital
Closing Date - Friday 7 th January 2022Background
Chance to Shine is a national charity that aims to give all children the opportunity to play, learn and develop through cricket. We believe that cricket can help to develop the personal, social and physical skills of the 600,000 children that we work with every year.
Chance to Shine Schools programme has introduced five million state school children to cricket over the last 15 years. 84% of the teachers we surveyed agreed their pupils had developed a positive attitude towards physical activity through taking part. 82% saw their pupils increase in confidence and teamworking skills.
Chance to Shine Street was set up to reach young people in disadvantaged areas. Street is a fast, fun, free and exciting version of cricket requiring limited equipment. The programme engages more than 5,000 young people each year across 200 projects. 66% of our participants are from the 30% most deprived areas of England and 81% are from a minority ethnic background.Purpose of the Role
Lead on implementing the charity's digital marketing and content strategy, using a structured and analytical approach driven by focussed objectives. Help to keep the charity at the forefront of digital innovation by contributing to the execution of the existing digital roadmap.Key Responsibilities
The Senior Digital Communication Officer's responsibilities include:
- Manage digital marketing campaigns from conception to execution, ensuring KPIs are met.
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategies to meet CTS's business objectives
- Optimise and increase traffic to the CTS Digital platforms through SEO/AdWords/Google Grant Ad Campaigns
Experience & qualifications
- Lead on the monitoring and reporting of CTS digital content
- Lead on creation and execution of an e-communications calendar
- Lead on the digital activation of CTS corporate partnerships
- Develop, implement and maintain a social media strategy across all CTS activity and events
- Work with the Communications and Digital Officer and other relevant staff to manage and maintain CTS digital platforms and social media channels
- Lead on the implementation of paid social media campaigns
- Lead on liaison with the Chance to Shine staff and delivery network, supporting them to incorporate and promote the charity's brand, messaging and content
Website and Digital Operations
- Manage the CTS website, using the content management system to ensure the website is kept up-to-date and fresh
- Help to maintain and develop the CTS Portal
- Assist with the implementation of a wider digital strategy and roadmap
- Review new technologies to keep CTS at the forefront of digital development
- Brief and manage external suppliers and agencies
- Work with the Communications team on supporting adhoc projects and campaigns
The job holder will liaise with:
- Chief Executive and the CTS senior management team
- The Chance to Shine delivery network
- National and regional media
- External contractors, landlords, volunteers and suppliers
- Operations, Fundraising, Finance & Resources and Impact & Evaluation teams
- ECB People, IT and Finance teams
The job holder should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills: knowledge and experience of using MS Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Experience working in an organisation with a customer service culture
- Able to plan and prioritise and work under pressure
- Able to work on own initiative-confident/self-starter/finisher
- An effective and enthusiastic team player
- Willingness to learn with a can do attitude
- Enthusiasm to embrace Chance to Shine values: Inspiring, ambitious, passionate, inclusive and fun
- 3 years+ experience in a digital marketing or digital content role
- First-hand experience of managing business accounts for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Experience of content creation, content calendars and social media management tools
- Experience of paid social media campaigns
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience of working with Salesforce
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience of SEO/Ad Words
- Full and clean UK driver's license
Please send your CV and covering letter by 7th January 2022.
We're working hard to embed equity, diversity and inclusion across all areas of our work - we know diversity and diversity of thought will help us thrive as an organisation and be more effective in what we do.
Within our values at Chance to Shine, to be inclusive sits at the heart of our mission. During your time with us we want you to feel involved in all aspects of our work, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, neuro-diversity, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave. We are committed to ensuring that the diversity of our staff team reflects the full diversity of the young people that we serve through our programmes, particularly People of Colour, LGBTQ and those with disabilities. Therefore, we welcome applications from a broad spectrum of communities.
Please help us to improve our inclusivity by completing the following anonymous monitoring form. It will not form part of the selection process but will enable us to monitor how effectively we are attracting and recruiting people from different backgrounds.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend any interview, please let us know.
Unfortunately, we can only respond to those who are invited to interviews.
Thank you for your interest.Chance to Shine