Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Jan 4, 2022 by ITech Consult
Senior Software Engineer - C#/.Net Framework/.NET Standard/.NET Core and WPF
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Rotkreuz we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the software maintenance of the .NET/WPF-based software tools, providing the necessary support and actions (analysis, troubleshooting, development and testing) to enable the research and development activities of Roche Diagnostics.
Areas of responsibility:
* Troubleshoot, test and analyze complex issues related to our software tools and systems for our customers while understanding their business needs.
* Produce software based on software requirements, the project's software architecture and other project guidelines such as unit and subsystem specifications that document their implementation and software development best practices (clean code).
* Contribute to all phases of software development from feasibility studies through design, development, testing, and bug fixing including software maintenance.
* Participate in defining work packages, their estimation, planning, and implementation within the software development team.
* Provide work status and issue notification within the software development team and if required to software project management.
* Accurate code design and implementation including the tests to verify the code against unit and/or subsystem specification.
* Review and analyze your source code with your peers.
* Review on request for the source code of your peers in the software development team.
* Review application design, functionality, usability and performance to enhance it.
* Ability to work through ambiguity and make progress.
Professional and technical requirements:
* Min. Bachelor's degree/Master's degree in Computer Science
* 5+ years of experience as a software engineer with hands-on experience, preferably in the IVD sector, working in agile teams
* Experience in user support, troubleshooting and maintenance activities for the used software tools
* Highly skilled in all of the mentioned technologies: C#/.Net Framework/.NET Standard/.Net Core and WPF
* Experienced in automated testing and mocking frameworks
* Fluent programming skills in C#/.Net Framework is a must
* Fluent in English necessary, German is beneficial
Nice to haves:
* Strong knowledge of object-oriented design and development best practices such as SOLID and eXtreme Programming
* Leadership skills in designing and implementing test automation (lead in team available/SCRUM)
* Experience working in highly regulated environments (IEC 62304, FDA)
* Knowhow with large-scale data management
* An active participant in software communities
* Experienced in working/development within a Linux environment
Reference no: 921009 AD
Role: Senior Software Engineer
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Rotkreuz, Switzerland
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months contract, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.