Senior Cloud Architect (AWS, Azure) - home-based
Posted on Jan 4, 2022 by Careerwise
Senior Cloud Architect (AWS, Azure)
Up to £110.000 + 10% bonus + benefits
We are working with one of the world's largest software providers who have a number of major transformation programmes and projects underway and looking for a Senior Cloud Architect to drive them to a modern and secure Hybrid and Multi-Cloud landscape encompassing technology, process and procedures to the highest standards.
This exciting role will be at the heart of driving my client to modernise and enhance their 'hosting' landscape and therefore requires an individual who has the experience and desire to optimise and change how a business adopts to running Customer facing SaaS, IT and Product Development workloads in both Public and Private cloud.
Working within the Technical Architecture Team, the Senior Cloud Architect (AWS, Azure) will:
- help build the team and shape the direction and strategy of my client's Hybrid and Multi-Cloud architecture
- be involved in managing change, working on optimisation and ongoing projects
- initially be focussing on the successful creation of a strategy and architecture for the future of hosting
- be working with business and functional leads to ensure that the people, process changes, systems implementation and configuration/customisation cumulatively provide a viable solution that will enhance and support the business
Required Skills & Experience
- Enterprise experience leading complex projects from inception to delivery and deliver automated, secure and robust cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Experience building cloud automation, including CD/CI pipelines using technologies equivalent to Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, DevOps, PowerShell
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new cloud technologies and understand relevant cloud and hosting market trends.
- Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of multi and hybrid cloud platforms particularly AWS and Azure
- Cloud workload protection such as Threat protection, WAF (Web Application Firewall), Stateful Firewall. (NG Firewall), Data encryption and protection key services, SIEM, and Cloud Security Analytics, Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR)
- TOGAF/Zachman certified
- 10-15 years industry experience
- 3+ years cloud experience with either AWS and Azure
- 10+ years architecture experience
What's on offer:
- £110k basic salary
- 10% bonus + an excellent company benefits package
- Based in the UK (home-based)
- Private healthcare and more
- Superb holiday scheme!
- Join an award-winning and one of the world's best Software Providers