Data Centre Operator for a multinational client in Darmstadt/Germany
Posted on Jan 4, 2022 by infeurope S.A.
We are looking for several Data Centre Operators to work for a multinational client in Darmstadt/Germany
- Monitor and control of the Archive Ingestion and Ordering systems
- Monitor and control the online data Services
- React to service disruptions and anomalies in accordance with established procedures
- Interfacing with 1st and 2nd level support to ensure anomalies are resolved
- Attendance at Daily Operations Meetings
- Report on critical events and outages
- Second level education and at least 3 years of experience in Data Centre operations.
- Experience in working with Remote Sensing Data and their Formats is mandatory.
- Experience in using Documentation Management Systems is mandatory.
- Experience in collaboration tools JIRA and/or Confluence is mandatory.
- Experience in tape media handling is mandatory.
- Experience in the operation of computer systems, preferably in an operational or Real Time environment running under both Windows and UNIX operating systems
- Proven experience in data management and analysis skills:
- Experience in processing scripts using UNIX Scripting language such as Shell script, Perl or similar;
- Understanding of statistics generation and the use of analytical tools.
- Proven experience in using MS Office, including familiarity with the use of MS Word, MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Outlook
- Experience in working within a team
- Experience in working in a user support role
- Very good communication and behavioural skills
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
infeurope is a Luxembourg-based IT service provider, designing, developing and managing multilingual information and documentary systems in many application areas and business sectors. For more than 38 years we have delivered IT systems and solutions.