Director of Technical Project Management/Financial Applications
Posted on Jan 4, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a Director of Technical Project Management for Financial Applications, Candidate for this role requires an individual who can successfully help lead an engineering & project management function in conjunction with the Head of Risk Engineering and other technology leaders. Strong technical skills, team leadership and development, Agile expertise, resource management discipline, and the ability to effectively execute on multiple fronts are baseline expectations for this role. This is a highly rewarding and challenging role that requires well developed leadership, problem solving, cloud experience, strategic decision making, and execution capabilities. The candidate will also possess a willingness and demonstrated ability to be the technical Product Owner of deliveries.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Lead development of solution and provide technical directions and project management support to the team executing on Renaissance initiative
- Solicit business and technical requirements. Help translating those into flexible, scalable and resilient design proposals.
- Review architecture proposals with tech leads as well as senior business partners.
- Provide technical directions by analysing designs and reviewing code to achieve high quality software deliveries for the team.
- Create strategies and transition plans, prioritize work, drive book of work and manage deliveries of the projects.
- Following agile development methodology, facilitate all agile ceremonies, operate as technical product owner and collaborating with stakeholders drive the projects to its successful completion.
- Manage development of core foundational technical components as well as select functional projects.
- Manage resources against commitments to ensure high quality solutions are consistently delivered to established expectations.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Candidates will be evaluated based on their ability to demonstrate a proven track record of proficiency at the following competencies and organizational objectives:
- Ability to quickly gain credibility as a strong engineering lead who can work with the risk technology team to set best practices
- Demonstrate and embed the behaviors and competencies that create a risk aware and regulatory compliance and internal control mindset within the organization.
- Operate effectively as a member of the wider team through partnership, collaboration and influencing across the relevant business and technology functions and partner with leads in other technology domains.
- Create and adhere to delivery roadmaps partnering with other leaders. Strong execution mindset.
- Solutions architecture experience. Ability to design and develop high performance and flexible solutions.
- Familiarity with Hadoop and/or other Big Data ecosystems required.
- Experience in Real Time solutions leveraging Kafka and other event driven technologies
- Experience with cloud computing required. AWS preferred.
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing
- Java development background with good understanding of advance object-oriented software development techniques.
- Candidates will be evaluated primarily upon their ability to demonstrate the competencies required to be successful in the role, as described above. For reference, the typical work experience and educational background of candidates in this role are as follows:
- Minimum of 12 years' development experience within the financial industry preferred
- Experience developing high performance data and compute platforms at scale. Experience delivering cloud native projects preferred.
- Ability to coach and mentor developers at different levels
- Proven ability to establish and execute technology best practices
- Experience coaching Agile transformation efforts and leading Agile (preferably Scrum) development.
- Preferred - prior leadership experience in guiding teams through cultural transformation.
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science or a technical discipline. Master's degree preferred.