Environmental Compliance Lead - Associate Director
Posted on Jan 1, 2022 by Lewis Davey
Environmental Compliance Lead
Lewis Davey is delighted to be supporting a FTSE 100 property company as they look to recruit an Environmental Compliance Lead. Working within the Operational Risk Management Team within the Property Management division, the successful incumbent will be responsible for the Environmental Management System (EMS), Environmental Compliance across a larger Property Management portfolio.
We're looking for someone who can take the reins of environmental compliance and drive through awareness. Working with a range of pension funds, institutional investors ranging with property portfolios from prestigious London assets to hundreds of shopping centres we need someone who can work with site teams but also be comfortable sitting in front of clients that are typically investors.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
• Day to day strategic and tactical operation of the EMS, including leading on measures to drive the continual improvement of the system.
• Being a driving force of EMS across the Property Management portfolio.
• Continuous management and improvement of Environmental Compliance across the Property Management's portfolio. Responsible for oversight of how environmental compliance is managed, audited, monitored and reported within the Property Management service line, and working towards continuous improvement of compliance processes.
• Work with the training team to develop environmental compliance training for colleagues at all levels within the Property Management Division.
• Working with the waste management team to pull out compliance data with regards to waste that is being generated across all portfolios which form part of the Property Management Division.
• Line management of an environmental compliance administrator, providing guidance and support and managing workload.
• Ownership of the EMS in compliance with the requirements of ISO 14001, including at least annual review of EMS documentation and processes.
• Engage with all key business stakeholders on matters of environmental compliance.
• Ownership of the Property Management environmental compliance system and processes
• Implement planned changes to the current environmental compliance process including improved documentation, standardised auditing procedures, compliance monitoring and reporting through the online compliance management system.
• Work with the Operational Risk Management Team and other stakeholders to improve the online compliance management system, ensuring seamless integration of environmental compliance
• Have a full overview of outstanding actions on the online compliance management system: Work to improve procedures for how these are monitored and closed down.
• Work with the Operational Risk Management Team to implement and monitor KPIs for all compliance auditing.
• Work with the Sustainability Team and Training Team to devise and implement an Environmental Compliance training package for all Property Management's staff.
• Be responsible for reviewing and updating environmental policy and procedures at acceptable intervals in relation to the Property Management Division
• Management of environmental incidents: Implementing better recording, monitoring, reporting and investigation practises.
• Provide general competent person advisory support to the business on environmental compliance matters.
• Provide reporting updates at relevant meetings
• Provide environmental compliance updates at relevant meetings.
• Work with the Operational Risk Management to develop procedures in line with ISO 14001
• Continue to improve and implement processes to better manage waste compliance with property management teams and contractors
• Engage with the supply chain and provide support to the procurement team with regards to environmental compliance matters.
• Line management duties of the Environmental Compliance Administrator, managing workload, carrying out regular one - to - one update meetings and providing feedback when necessary.
• Provide support when required to the Operational Risk Management Team and Sustainability Team
Applicants should be suitably qualified in environmental management and ISO14001 and have some experience of working within a management role responsible for environmental management.
With excellent communication skills, and ideally holding IEMA membership, you should also being some knowledge of the waste industry.
The preference for this role is for a Manchester base with some flexibility. London is also an option.