End User Support Specialist
Posted on Dec 31, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
$75K PLUS 10% BONUS
Location: CHICAGO, IL/they are building a new office downtown, until that is completed they will work out of Naperville, IL. You will be supporting the CEO
You will support all end users in windows: iphone, pads 24x7 coverage. You will have 2-5 years' experience will support the CEO, in the downtown office, this is a financial firm asset management, so a (a profile) go getter will due batch processing also
- Responsible for the entire batch processing environments in development, pre-production, production, etc.
- Reaches out to vendors for files which are late, inaccurate, or missing to obtain status and obtain quick Remedy.
- Responsible for application updates to the batch processing environments on both the server and desktops.
- Periodic review of other batch processing applications to ensure the firm using the best technology.
- Maintain a service level agreement with the business, while maintaining a reasonable response to resolution as part of this associate's goals.
- Assist with the security patching process on 800+ desktop computers firm wide.
- Assist with various help desk tickets on desktop computers, printers, audio visual systems, and mobile devices. Document and troubleshoot issues/problems to resolution.
- Answer phones, e-mail, and web tickets for desktop support related tasks.
- Complete technical projects, implementations, training, while creating adoption throughout the firm.
- Documentation of policies, procedures, and knowledgebase articles as needed.
- Provides afterhours support & 24x7 coverage for both the helpdesk and computer operations teams.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Required or equal work experience preferred.
- Must be detail oriented
- A+ or Network+ certification preferred
- Batch processing and server experience preferred
- 2-5 years of desktop troubleshooting experience required
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of computer hardware and software environments and related systems.
- Must be able to interact effectively with end users