IT Production Operations Manager
Posted on Dec 31, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Company is currently seeking a IT Production Operations Manager. Candidate is responsible for ensuring that the first-level support function is performed consistently, and that all Incident are resolved in a timely manner. This manager will oversee a team of 15+ reports, spanning three shifts 24/7.
- Manage staff and provide focus in a very dynamic fast paced environment.
- Manage staffing and ensure that 24/7 coverage is always present.
- Provide guidance and ensure that reports are trained and able to execute on current, and new responsibilities.
- Ensure that Incidents are escalated and socialized adhering to all reporting requirements.
- Ensure that first-level Incident identification and resolution techniques are used to address all issues.
- Ensure that all Incidents are accurate and complete.
- Actively participate in the Change Control process, focusing on mitigating any/all risk.
- Embrace and live into all compliance and audit requirements.
- Must adhere to all Production Operations policies and procedures
- Focus on Operational readiness ensuring that all responsibility are formally transferred to Production Operations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Evangelize for all things operations and nurture a Continuous Improvement worldview.
- Escalate all impacting Incidents and surface any operational risks to leadership.
- Supervise team of 15+ spanning three shifts 24/7.
- Ensure that reports adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Maintain PTO schedules and ensure that staffing levels & coverage are appropriate.
- Meet with staff on a regular basis to provide continual feedback.
- Write and deliver performance evaluations (PEPs).
- Actively participate in reports skills & career development plans.
- Ability to influence across multiple teams in a Matrix-reporting structure.
- Demonstrated experience in managing big teams.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Microsoft products desktop proficiency (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools and best practices.
- Understands urgency of service level agreements and the need for timely responses.
- Working knowledge of Network troubleshooting.
- General Linux knowledge.
- Experience with a scheduler (ie. UC4).
- Mobius via Document Direct.
- Familiarity with transmission protocols: SFTP/NDM.
- Operating systems: Unix, Windows, zOS/390.
- Strong Desktop & Microsoft Office skills.
- Process orientated with the ability to design & and optimize a process.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience manage a big team, across multiple shifts.
- Experience working in an environment with Matrix-reporting structures.
- Experience working in a multi-platform environment.
- Experience working with a scheduler (ie.UC4).
- Dev/OPS and/or SRE experience a plus.
- College degree in Computer Information Systems desired, but equivalent work experience will be considered