Electronics Engineer - FPGA/Embedded Firmware Developer
Posted on Dec 30, 2021 by Helvetica Partners Sarl
We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for an Electronics Engineer - FPGA/Embedded Firmware Developer. This role is permanent position based in Zurich & comes with good home office allowance.
- Concept, architect, design & maintain FPGA & firmware code for 64/32-bit ARM based wireless Embedded systems for high-quality portable instruments.
- Develop system timing & control, data buffering/processing & Digital Signal Processing algorithms on FPGA &/or ARM, based on an existing platform or from scratch.
- Develop testbenches for FPGA code & implement/maintain automated regressions.
- Develop unit tests for ARM code & implement/maintain automated tests.
- Develop from scratch or upgrade existing code base so that both FPGA & ARM codes can be tested simultaneously within the existing Continuous Integration infrastructure.
- Develop & maintain end-to-end system level Continuous Integration.
- Carry out complex end-to-end system level tests, troubleshooting & debugging & help HW/SW & iOS App developers find route-cause of critical problems & consequently propose, implement, test & verify reliable solutions across all deployed devices.
- Work with multi-disciplinary cross-functional teams including software, electronics, mechanics, marketing, design & product management.
Your Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in Electronics Engineering including strong experience in FPGA & Embedded Firmware Development (covering all cycles).
- Sound experience in FPGA (Altera/Intel or Xilinx).
- Skilled in Architecture Definition & System Partitioning over FPGA & ARM.
- Very accustomed to FPGA IO & Timing constraints definition in SDC as well as good logic-optimization & RTL-synthesis skills.
- Experienced in FPGA Clock distribution, clock gating, timing & power optimization.
- A good knowledge of VHDL/Verilog simulations with ModelSim or equivalent.
- Experienced with ARM SoC internal peripherals (DMA, Interrupts, Timers, ADC/DAC, I2C, SPI, etc.) & other external memory (SRAM/DDR) & storage (FLASH/EPROM/SSD) technologies.
- Skilled in Embedded Linux/Device-tree setup & HW bring-up.
- Good user experience in Open Embedded/Yocto or Buildroot.
- Solid programming experience with C, Python & Unix Shell. Any experience with C++ is a plus.
- Any experiences in the areas of ultrasonics or radar is considered advantageous.
- Completed University Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experienced in working in an interdisciplinary high-tech product development environment.
- Fluent English (spoken & written), German is considered a big plus.
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word or PDF format.
You can also register on our website which will allow you to receive other exclusive and confidential job offers